Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • CX bikes on the road with 1x drivetrain
  • isitafox
    Free Member

Does anyone do much road mileage on their CX bike running a single front setup and if so what ratio and how far do you go?

I’d like to get the odd road ride in with a few mates who have proper roadies but don’t want to get left behind or die spinning away trying to keep up!

richardthird

42 or 40 at a push will be fine. I thought big gaps would be annoying but it all works ok.

paul4stones

Same. I think I’ve got 40×11-30 and it’s ok. Spin out at about 28mph but can get up everything. I’d get left behind on a long, steady descent but otherwise it’s not a problem.

Bigmantrials

I am running a 40t Rotor QCX ring with a 34 – 11 cassette, currently using the bike to ride to work a couple of times a week, I notice the gaps occasionally and as mentioned above spin out a little on the faster descents but I can put up with that for something thats more capable when i go offroad.

isitafox
    Free Member

Hmmm, currently got a 38 up front (I think) so may price up a 40 to try that out. Cheers all!

Also Bigman, you still got a trials bike gathering dust in the shed like the rest of the old TF crew?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘CX bikes on the road with 1x drivetrain’ is closed to new replies.