Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cwncarn Uplift
  • greasystain
    Free Member

Evening all,

If the uplift is fully booked at Cwncarn is there any chance of getting a one off lift up during the day or should I just forget it?

Cheers

benji_allen
    Free Member

I got a run a couple of sundays ago. £3.50. Was late in the day so some people had gone home. But think it was full earlier on.

bazzer
    Free Member

Chances are you will get room for a couple of runs later on in the day. Especially if they have 2 buses running.

Bazzer

greasystain
    Free Member

Thanks Benji & Bazzer that's good to know. I thought I might give the DH course a go…

Does it meet up with the XC course at all, other than just before the final run?

kimbers

as above you should get a spot later in the day

no the tracks only meet up near the bottom

i hear rumours of 2 new tracks there by the end of the year!!!

neilc1881
    Free Member

A good option if you've not got the ticket is to push up the Raven's Walk. It'll get you up to the top road by the tunnel easily, and the very top if you're prepared to ride up a bit of tarmac. Ride/push up to the road drop, go left (when looking uphill) along the road for a 100m or so till you see a path leading steeply up to the right, ride/push up this (in places it is a little gullied with some steps). Keep heading up till you reach the road. Here you can either turn right and pedal along the road for 1/2km perhaps, till you see the DH course passing beneath the road. Or you can head straight on up the steepest road (past the very short sharp concreted climb on the XC course), follow the road up until you reach the wooden man with his rather knackered bike, turn right up the forestry road and you're at the very top of the course. It's possible to do the push in about 20mins if I remember correctly (I usually just ride up and along the XC till the steep concrete climb and head off to the DH from there – a nice option really if you like the rest of the XC course).
    Bit sad to see they'd flattened the techy bits on the climb, and the removal of the wood work at the top still brings a tear to the eye.

Neil

benji_allen
    Free Member

I sometimes ride over to the top of the dh course from that real steep path bit that gets most people by surprise (if you know what I mean). It's not too far from there. Make sure you go the right way though – the right hand side of the hill if that makes sense?

edit: think that's what they mean above ^^

greasystain
    Free Member

Cheers guys… might have to try that out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cwncarn Uplift’ is closed to new replies.