Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cwmcarn….all trails open?
  • DrP

In Wales (boyo), ridden Afan the past 2 days…
    Thinking of heading to cwmcarn tomorrow..all open??

DrP

therag
    Free Member

No, part of the twrch (the old trail) closed. The division takes you straight down a rough road to the car park, or if you know your way around go around to the dh trails.
    Alternatively stick to the caffal (new trail)

coatesy
    Free Member

Probably a bit late now, but you’re welcome to ride with us from Forest Fawr car park just above Castle Coch at 9, 5 mins drive from M4, Coryton interchange.

DrP

Very kind…but just leaving Afan now!
    Great weather for Wales in November!!

DrP

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just looking at this link for the diversion on the Twrch Trail, am I right in thinking that you now ride to point 3 then follow the diversion to point 20 and come back on yourself?
    All the section that’s now in grey and white from 3-20, the main part of the trail, is now closed off?

Is it still worth riding at the moment?

ifra
    Free Member

We rode it a couple of weeks ago, twrch was diverted from just after wooded area past the skills loops at the top, it then diverts you down, we rode round the hill to the top of the downhill runs and rode those down, a few hairy sections but possible to roll most and is much for fun than the diversion

mark90
    Free Member

Notmyrealname, I think you are looking at the diversion map posted on this site…..

http://your.caerphilly.gov.uk/cwmcarnforest/mountain-biking/twrch-trail

which although not made clear is the diversion from when it was closed last time.

The current diversion is from 20 to 24.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Thanks for that guys.
    I though I was misreading the map, looks like it should be worth a trip.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn….all trails open?’ is closed to new replies.