• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cwmcarn vs Cannock
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Stile Cop is my local hill I practically live there but I hear a lot about the DH at Cwmcarn

I would like to go but I’m not keen on driving 100 miles for a couple of minutes of DH that I don’t like. How does Cwmcarn compare with Cannock?

scruff
    Free Member

You need to book the uplift for Cwm IMO. Its much much much longer and quite a bit faster speed. Most of the DH section are pretty tame but great fast fun with no balboa/new line size gaps to worry about, no harder than CDL / Wonderland really. Bottom section has big tables / hip which can be taken slower & have smaller options for the weak.

Oh and it has rocks. Rocks are good.

rocketman
    Free Member

OK thanks for that Scruff

Cwmcarn not really a pushable option like Stile Cop then?

Roblilly
    Free Member

Cwmcarn isn’t really a push up track…you could ride up the road each time. I guess that take 20-30 mins. Its good fun at Cwmcarn, more rocky than stile cop and a bit steeper in places too and as you are based near Cannock I guess North or South Wales are options?

scruff
    Free Member

250m vertical at Cwm, 65m and the Cop. Ive seen folk pushing and they are effed at the top and need a rest.

Limy
    Free Member

There are plenty of other DH tracks closer such as Hopton, Bringewood, Bucknell, Ribbersford and then a few little play areas which are good for a days riding.

Cwmcarn is good when its no windy as can then hit all the jumps on the bottom section. As mentioned above you need to book the uplift for Cwmcarn but the other tracks you dont.

br
    Free Member

Cwmcarn vs Cannock, a bit like comparing Essex with Derbyshire…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn vs Cannock’ is closed to new replies.