Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cwmcarn Twrch "freeride" section
  • rondo101
    Free Member

Anyone know if this has re-opened yet?

Shepdon
    Free Member

Yes it is now open

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d also try the ‘new’ black section, turn right straight after you get out the tunnel under the road, excellent on a trail bike, just mind the roots in the wet 😀

cardiff
    Free Member

Where is this new black section? Is it part of the downhill course? Only tunnel I can think of is where you go under the downhill course at the start of the Twrch trail?

Oh and is the new free ride section any good!?

wrecker
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. the culvert thing is gone, you now just plummet straight down. They’ve bermed up most/all of the corners which the course was begging for and put loads more largish berms at the end. It’s certainly faster. Love to see a few (optional) drops on it though.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Yeah the black is part of the downhill course.

MRanger156
    Free Member

I also think they need to sort out the jumps at the bottom of the DH course as most of them are badly shaped.

LoCo
    Free Member

Sorry yes part of downhill track, bit more natural, off camber & rooty.

You can get onto it just above the tunnel off the road, just keep an eye out for other riders 😉

lucien

How sanitised has the free ride section become?

LoCo
    Free Member

Same as before when walked it a week or two ago, (out with the family) large berms with a small ish jump(/hippy thing maybe) into the first one on bottom section from where the wallride used to be.
    The corkscrew has go and just a roll down from start so more speed

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Unfortunately they’ve sanitised the start again to remove the corkscrew, so the start is just a quicker non technical roll in.

The berms at the end are decent enough, but nothing difficult about riding them, easy to carry speed through them.

Top section was much better when it had the corkscrew & the tiered drops.

wrecker
    Free Member

There was nothing difficult about the corkscrew either!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn Twrch "freeride" section’ is closed to new replies.