Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cwmcarn – trail and cafe advice
  • jairaj

Howdy guys, I’m possibly off to Cwmcarn for a solo ride on friday morning. Its been ages since I was last there. Is there a cafe there to get some breakfast? or can you recommend one nearby?

Also having a look on the website there are some new trails built the Caffell XC loop is on my list to try out. Also noticed there is a new trail Peddlehounds. Is this a black graded XC trail or proper DH trail?

ie should I avoid it if I’m just chilling out killing a few hours before my mates wedding the next day?

milky1980
    Free Member

There is a cafe above the car park but the opening hours are odd, I only live 20 mins away so have breakfast at home beforehand. There’s a McDonald’s outside Risca if you like that kind of thing or a burger van on the roundabout before Forest Drive. Other locals might know of something better!!
    The Pedalhounds track branches off the Cafall at 2/3rds distance, it’s fun but I prefer the Cafall ending better as it seems to have more reward after the climb up there and goes on longer.
    The refurbished Freeride section at the top of the Twrch is running really fast, worth doing a few laps if time allows. You just head back up the fire road at the end and repeat.

It’s all fun there so you’ll enjoy it regardless 😀

paulwf

We normally stop at the Tesco in Risca for breakfast

choppersquad
    Free Member

They do a nice breakfast in the cafe there, so would recommend it if you’re not in a massive rush to catch the first uplift.
    Haven’t done Pedalhounds so let us know what it’s like if you give it a go?

leftyboy
    Free Member

Yep we found this bit “The refurbished Freeride section at the top of the Twrch is running really fast” thinking it was the main trail, rode it 3 times and survived 🙂

jairaj

great many thanks for the info guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn – trail and cafe advice’ is closed to new replies.