Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cwmcarn still worth a visit ?
  • oldfart

Missus is going to Cardiff Saturday , she’s getting the coldly wobbles about driving on her own ! Just wondering if it’s worth chucking a bike in the car and dropping her off then heading to Cwmcarn ?

Alex

Rode it last week. Still good. Twrch has closures near Castle Valley which is a pain. Not sure where the diversion takes you, we found a route that dropped back to the gatehouse on the Forest climb and rode the Cafell. That’s all open and riding well. Then we rode to the top of the DH course, rode top section and finished on XC red. Good day out..

If you want a GPX, drop me a mail (in profile)

leftyboy
    Free Member

Did it in June and really enjoyed it, especially the ‘free ride’ section at the top that I didn’t realise was not part of the ‘standard’ route!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah, Twrch is a bit handicapped at the moment, it’s missing some cool bits, the diversion is actually a bit sketchy at the sort of speed you can throw on it, but it drops you out for the last descent or you can do the bottom 3rd of the DH of you want.

Cafall fully open.

oldfart

Thanks friends , might mean getting up at 6 am. , a total of 4 hours driving , riding in between then I’ve got to pick daughter and partner up from a wedding at midnight ! Hmmmm !

zelak999
    Free Member

Did you visit then oldfart? Is it any good these days?
    Heading to Afan in a couple of weeks and may visit Cwmcarn on the way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn still worth a visit ?’ is closed to new replies.