Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cwmcarn question
  • leec247
    Free Member

A group of us are heading to cwmcarn for the first time in over a year. Is it worth the drive still from somerset. And before anyone says why don’t u try the quantocks were using the trip to catch up with a mate who lives 10 mins from cwmcarn

tony24
    Free Member

Went there last week still very quick on the downs last section after the top is a little loose but still really fast I could ride multiple times all day and enjoy it

hambl90
    Free Member

Still riding as good as ever , I ride there almost every week .

deadkenny
    Free Member

From Zummerzet, must be all of 1.5hrs drive? Well worth the drive as it’s not too much of a drive. It’s well worth it for me even from London area at 2.5 to 3ish hours.

Uplift day that is. Just for Twrch, it’s a bit far for me though it’s quite good still and if you can get in a few runs on the DH anyway with or without a space on the uplift I’d still do it. From Somerset, Twrch would easily be worth it for variety from other places.

leec247
    Free Member

Thanx guys. Am looking forward to riding it now I’ve got my 5. May give the dh a try as I’ve always felt under biked to try it before

cubemeup
    Free Member

I’m local and changes to cc have killed the trail IMO, have a look around for some local stuff around the area there’s plenty of better stuf to ride

b45her
    Free Member

i live about 30 mins away and don’t think its worth the drive, its a horrible climb followed by a boring, featureless descent my 8 year old could ride it.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I used to like the climb as its was a bit of a challenge to clear it unlike most trail centres
    But not been for a about 18 months , is it now tame then

deadkenny
    Free Member

All depends if you’re talking the XC trail or the DH.

The DH is great and well worth the trip. XC, more if you’re local or throw in the DH, or are doing other stuff around the area.

The XC climb always used to suck though. Hence preference for the DH and uplift 😉

tony24
    Free Member

Why does the climb suck I enjoy it better than Riding up fire roads

tinybits
    Free Member

That climb is a right bugger. I’m yet to clear it and that boils my wee!

Might have to give it a visit again, last time inwas so hung over I puked on the climb and my brake pads were contaminated so I thought I was going to die on the descents!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn question’ is closed to new replies.