Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cwmcarn off piste route?
  • dan45a
    Free Member

Hi, anyone ridden this route?
    http://www.mbr.co.uk/routes/wales/gps-route-cwmcarn-off-piste/

Is it worth doing?
    Cheers.

cardiff
    Free Member

bump (I’m Interested too!)

dan45a
    Free Member

I’ve got the gpx file so gonna try it this weekend, will post how it goes in case anyones interested.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SOAP
    Free Member

I’m watching this space.

mooman
    Free Member

Loads on Youtube of those tracks. Just type in Bigginsofblackwood.
    This time of year the tracks there are very very wet.
    Its makes a nice little addition to Cwmcarn if your new to there though.

rhysw
    Free Member

There are some very good trails in the area. The loop shown goes close to them but it looks like Rowen has not given away our local tracks.

mooman
    Free Member

none of the tracks are exactly hard to find up there nowadays … GoPro, Youtube and Strava are all bad combinations for trail secrecy ..

LoCo
    Free Member

As mooman says, anything that way will be pretty wet/a total bog so not worth riding until it’s dry, so at current rate 2015 for a week or so…

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Machen mountain is worth a look too, south of Sirhowey, and over to Abercarn. You can also ride up the ‘back way’ to the top of the Cwmcarn DH from Crosskeys, which shows the area in a very different light.

molgrips
    Free Member

Probably – I think I know some of those trails, they are rocky tracks iirc should hold up well enough.

Incidentally there is a great fun very steep singletrack descent within the Forest Park that’s worth a ride, but you lose all your altitude in about 90 seconds so not really as much fun as the main trail on balance 🙂

ou can also ride up the ‘back way’ to the top of the Cwmcarn DH from Crosskeys,

Yep, that’s the way I go when I ride to Cwmcarn from my house. Machen Mountain, Sirhowy Valley Country Park then Crosskeys. If you like a challenge try riding up the East side face of Machen Mountain. Not easy 🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’ll never quite understand the desire to keep trails secret..

Share the wealth surely..

simonlovell999
    Free Member

I be more interested in some various off road routes/trails to get to cwn carn, cycling from Bristol via chepstow? or via newport

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s really very little off-road you can do on your way to Cwmcarn from Bristol. Some nice road riding though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn off piste route?’ is closed to new replies.