Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cwmcarn freeride drops gone? :(
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

According to this and this they’ve been dismantled 👿

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it is a shame BUT they were built in a silly place, only a complete moog would build a a ‘freeride’ area on top of a hill with no trees round it 🙄

Algore
    Free Member

Sure is windy up there.

I always enjoyed going further sideways than I did lengthways.

I remember taking off from the larger one and landing on the chicker run line on the far left.

nickc

Hardly a massive surprise TBH

aleigh
    Free Member

how disappointing!

mamadirt
    Free Member

True Mike – I imagine it’s been a nightmare up there this last couple of weeks with the wind, but why not just put up a couple of signs warning of the trail’s features/dangers – surely easier than dismantling the lot.

Algore – the wind always seemed to be blowing the other way when I went up there 😐

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

because sensible riders already know not to ride drops in high winds, it’s the silly ones that don’t. They should put a few drops in along the singletrack in the woods after the top, plenty of scope for fun diversions in there

cheers_drive

Good, I was shi*t at them anyway 😈

Seriously though I’ve not been off them for the last 6 or so visits because of the high winds. You can’t stop people doing it in windy conditions so it was a just waiting for a big accident. But agreed the singletrack descent needs more optional drops like Whites Level.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Was always good fun flying off them with a 200mm rotor on the front….

Those tables are good fun when it’s windy too.

MrAgreeable

Wooden features have a pretty short lifespan so they might have been ripped down because they needed replacing. I do know one person who broke himself really badly on the big drop after being blown away from the landing, before they put the windsock up.

walleater

It’s being removed to make way for the 2009 World House Of Cards Making Championships…..

The only thing more stupid than putting a ‘freeride’ park on top of an exposed hill!

scant
    Free Member

rowan was repairing the “freeride” only a month ago so I’m surprised to hear its been dismantled. I was there on monday night & they were there.

solamanda
    Free Member

Good, they were in a stupid place.

because sensible riders already know not to ride drops in high winds, it’s the silly ones that don’t.

I agree entirely. Infact those drops are only aimed at beginners so putting it in a windy place is why so many people injure themselves.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn freeride drops gone? :(’ is closed to new replies.