Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cwmcarn downhill scarypants
  • FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Just back from a sunny weekend riding at Cwmcarn. Finally managed to ride the downhill for the first time after cycling up – blew me away at how much the riding stepped up from the Twrch trail. Scared myself stupid especially the middle drop.
    My bike is the perfect tool for the job – Giant reign x0 but nothing compared to my friend – 80mm sid race forks old skool specialized s-works hardtail frame and panniers still installed – but he managed to get down in one piece (the top half before rejoining the Twrch) – got me thinking how the balance of skill vs good bike gets blurred sometimes – I’d happily trade down bike for more balls and less fear.
    Who else has more bike than balls?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Who else has more bike than balls?

Collective STW hand shoots up.

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve got a 6″ travel bike (Pitch) and def have more bike than balls. I am building up to sillier stuff though – well I keep crashing anyway. 😛

juiced
    Free Member

i’ve ridden cwmcarn a few times on an alloy 4xht and and a 6 inch fs. much more fun on the fs though.bumpy as hell on the ht.

mamadirt
    Free Member

80mm sid race forks old skool specialized s-works hardtail frame and panniers still installed – but he managed to get down in one piece (the top half before rejoining the Twrch)

Fair play 😀 . . now I feel guilty for whinging that my 4″ travel isn’t enough. Made a right mess of the bottom section on Friday when an over-zealous rebound made the bike kick me up the @rse and almost had me off on the final bridge 😕

jedi

nope

coatesy
    Free Member

2 bikes,2 balls-perfect.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I generally find that Talent Required:Talent Available >1.0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn downhill scarypants’ is closed to new replies.