Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cwmcarn Conditions?
  • xterramac
    Free Member

Heading there tomorrow and just wondered how muddy it is at the moment and if both xc trails are fully open? Cheers macca

creamegg
    Free Member

twrch is rideable in all conditions, cafall will have some sloppy sections

molgrips
    Free Member

IME it’s always dependable. I go there for that reason when it’s really wet.

If it’s actually raining at the time your chain and pads will get gritty but that’s about it.

Jrrr
    Free Member

Went for a blast round cafall in the rain on Monday, was dredding the slop of Hideout section but it wasn’t too bad really, obviously wet and muddy but a great ride.

I’ve been and ridden it with alot worse conditions and most of the slop seems to have worn off now

xterramac
    Free Member

thanks guys, just needed to check that I didn’t need to go for the full-on mud biking conversion before packing the car.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, you’d be worse off. Trail tyres will be perfect. Even the muddy bits of Cafall are peaty so you’ll get plenty of traction.

LoCo
    Free Member

Always fine even in torrential rain, it’s a trail centre at the end of the day (live 10 mins ride away)

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Just got back from there, it’s fine not even that slippery.

xterramac
    Free Member

Wicked!!!! Thanks fellas, its ages since I last rode there, looking forward to a blast round both trails, I take it you need lights from about 4pm now?

molgrips
    Free Member

Probably. It’s changed a bit since years ago, for the better.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep lights from 4pm in the woods is a good idea, it will have changed as Molegrips mentioned

creamegg
    Free Member

Rode there last night and I’d like to change my original comment to cafall being a bit wet in places but far from sloppy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.