Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cwmcarn closures ?
  • trailmonkey

Anyone been to the Twrch in the last 2 weeks ? I’ve just spoken to the centre and they’ve been very helpful in telling me which parts are closed but I don’t know the trail that well and I’m not sure what parts they were reffering to.

Can anyone enlighten me ? Not too worried abouth the freeride area being closed as I prefer Airstream anyhow. Hoping it’s just climby bits that are out of action.

bristolsurfer
    Free Member

Havent been for a bit but theres a map here if thas any help

snaps
    Free Member

These guys ride there a lot, might be worth asking them.
    If you read the posts, there are concerns about the placing of rocks on the decents.
    I think the diversion is only part of the climb that diverts you on to forrest drive the back on again after a few hundred yards.

trailmonkey

Thanks Snaps. You up for a trip on Saturday if we go for it ?

snaps
    Free Member

Yes, just looking at the weather – could go either way but yes I’m in, hopfully with azarat to.
    What time (it does get busy on a Saturday) & I know a good pub in Taunton for grub on the way back!

trailmonkey

If it goes ahead ( depends on definate closure info )then I suppose 10 – 10.30 in the CP

snaps
    Free Member

Just done a weather search for Newport & it looks better than here!
    But theres plenty of other stuff up on the opposite side of the valley I’ve always fancied this
    Or Afans not much further.

trailmonkey

Just fancied a trail centre mission TBH.

fbk
    Free Member

We were riding there last weekend. The “freeride” section at the very top (the one that starts with the choice of 3 drops) is closed so you have to use the normal route down. Also the top section of the descent just after this through the trees is closed, to just before the 90deg left turn & steep tarmac climb.

Still plenty of riding there. Hope that helps.

waihiboy
    Free Member

99.9% is open, as above just the mad freeride bit is being looked at.

dasnut
    Free Member

mad freeride bit

being 3 wooden drop offs, a few tabletops and a wall ride.

not very mad IMHO

the-nasher
    Free Member

I would say the wall ride was mad.

If it was a little steeper, the free ride would be good especially once the trees have grown up

molgrips
    Free Member

I wish the wall ride had a better run-in. That transition makes me feel well nervous about it, whereas I’d otherwise use it to build up some balls.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

…I was there on Tuesday, the bit that’s closed (apart from the Freeride area) is about an 800m section around Odin due to logging where you have to hum down on the road before joining the track again.

And yes – all of the climbs are still open 😉

snaps
    Free Member

Who else is going then?

trailmonkey

Not sure yet Snaps. Told all the Dartmoor pixies, waiting on replies.

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies.

scant
    Free Member

the “freeride” section is being re-surfaced, loggin on the short section odin. the rest of the trail is running pretty fast. the last section from the fireroad to the carpark has had some minor work forcing you to stick to the propper trail & not giving you the option of cutting the corners, which is no bad thing.
    If anyones interested in seeing the mass of trails outside of cwmcarn, look me up 🙂

trailmonkey

OK Scant thanks for the offer. Likewise if you’re ever heading for Dartmoor. 8)

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I’m planning to go tomorrow. I’m travelling from Colerne near Bath in a van and have two spare passenger seats and loads of room for bikes if anyone’s interested

GaryLake
    Free Member

Anyone know if this is ongoing for a while yet or will it be open by the weekend?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn closures ?’ is closed to new replies.