Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Cwm Carn – Trail Centre advice?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

The run up is still a bit tricky but if you’re still riding when you reach the stump you can just roll through now.

That’s the trickiest bit I reckon! I don’t wholly agree that you can roll through it, you have to get the pedal stroke right. There’s nothing else which catches me out regularly on the climb.

GaryLake
    Free Member

That’s the trickiest bit I reckon! I don’t wholly agree that you can roll through it, you have to get the pedal stroke right. There’s nothing else which catches me out regularly on the climb.

Stay high and to the right and ride straight. I’m not saying it’s easy but it’s gone from being nearly impossible to merely a bit tricky IMO.

Pigface
    Free Member

When you come round the side of the hill above Pontywaun it can freak a few people out.

stugus
    Free Member

It was VERY wet there earlier this week. Lots of standing water. Still fun, didn’t manage to clean the climb this time – slipping on wet roots.

Worth doing a few loops at the top on the freeride bit.

tessayates
    Free Member

Thanks guys, really looking forward to tomorrow now 🙂

wallop

How did it go then?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Condition report please, going Wednesday!

boxxer7
    Free Member

Went today and it was very wet and cold!! It stands up well to the wet weather by the looks of things.

stimpy
    Free Member

Was there today too. Agree with boxxer7 – wet and cold. But the trail stands up well to the rain – cracking descent and no puddles of mud. Only problem was the amount of wheelspin on the climbs over wet roots and rocks.

Absolutely nothing to do with my technique or line choice you understand…(or tyre choice – with hindsight maybe the Conti Race Kings weren’t the best to have for the conditions).

DoctorRad
    Free Member

No rain forecast before Wednesday, may have dried out a bit by then…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Cwm Carn – Trail Centre advice?’ is closed to new replies.