• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by sas.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • CV/Business lingo – a word/phrase for 'internal' third party companies?
  • IHN

CV writing time, and I’m trying to distinguish between:

– ‘normal’ third parties (i.e. where they provide a service for a fee, but it’s a pretty hands-off type relationship, like, say an ISP)

– ‘internal’ third parties, typically from an outsourcing deal on one side or the other (i.e. where we or they provide a service for a fee, but it’s a closer day-to-day, “we’re working together day-to-day but we work for different people so we still have to be aware of wider commercial implications of anything we might commit to” type relationship)

I want to make it clear that I engage/liaise with third-party companies, which is easy enough, but I also want to make it clear that I engage with both ‘types’, as they are actually different.

Ideas for nice CV type wording for such a thing?

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t even understand what you mean and I’m well versed in business bullshit bingo.

richardk
    Free Member

stakeholders?
    Outsourcing partners
    BPO partners

loum
    Free Member

Ringfenced Unicorns

scaredypants

yes, as loum says “I am a unicorn whisperer, working with them out in the wild as well as semi-feral herds belonging to our corporate partners”

IHN

Ever worked as an outsourced provider of IT to a large organisation (where you’re not the only outsourced provider of IT) for a project they are running with another large organisation (who have outsourced most of there IT functions to multiple providers) and where the project involves most of thos different providers from both organisations?

If you have, you may know what I’m trying to get at.

The fact that it is so difficult to describe is symptomatic of how successful it’s turning out to be.

binners

‘Internal’ third parties?

😯

IHN

Outsourcing partners, that’s probably the blindingly obvious phrase I was looking for.

Why does writing a CV give me a complete mental block? I only need to complete about a paragraph and I’ve been more successful thinking of how to fill an 8000 word essay…

djglover
    Free Member

P&L?

hels
    Free Member

Get a professional to write it. Well worth the money. And they know what works, and are able to look at you quite coldly.

molgrips
    Free Member

They are called Business Partners at my work.

IHN

It’s written, I’m just adding in my latest position.

It’s getting trickier as I have it in job order (latest to earliest), but my responsibilities/activities etc have pretty much been the same in each, it’s just been for different companies. So, I find that I’m trying to find different ways of saying the same thing in each position.

I’m wondering whether to re-do it as a skills-based thing, i.e. basically have a big ‘these are the kinds of things I have experience of and am good at’ section and then a quick summary of where I’ve worked.

tyke
    Free Member

If the roles look similar just make sure it looks like your overall objectives have increased – Bigger target, moving from revenue to P&L responsibility, responsible for a team (doesn’t have to be direct man management could be reporting responsibility for the team, rather than working as an individual,….

boblo
    Free Member

Insourcing partners. HTH

sas
    Free Member

Cross-boundary stakeholders?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CV/Business lingo – a word/phrase for 'internal' third party companies?’ is closed to new replies.