Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CV Advice, to put last job on or not? (Only there for 2 months)
  • valleyman
    Free Member

Evening all,

Not the most exciting topic for a Sunday night I know.

To cut a long story short, I finished my previous job (IT) of 9 years to go and work in an emergency control room. I wanted a total change of scenery.

The job hasnt worked out and after the 2 months training/induction I have not performed to the required standard, as I have got on well will everyone there theres a chance they might ‘find me’ an alternative internal job (it’s happened before) but I dont hold out much hope.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I should have stuck with what I know.

My question is should I leave the 2 month job off my CV?

If I do how does it fair when I find a new job surely the P45 will give away the 2 month previous job?

Or should I just be honest and leave it on there and hopefully get interviews and think of a suitable answer when the inevitable question arises?

Cheers

jamj1974

You can always get a P46.

scotroutes

Just put it on and explain it didn’t work out.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is up to you but they will ask what you have done for 2 months and why you left your last employer
    It also makes getting a reference harder
    If asked at interview say somethink lile i also wanted to be X and I got the chance to do it so I seized the opportunity
    however it was not what I expected and I did not enjoy the job so I have decided to return to my original career/try something different

Elaborate on this without saying you failed would be my advice!

valleyman
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

I think honesty is the best policy as it will only come back and bite me if i lie.

cuterunner
    Free Member

????????????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CV Advice, to put last job on or not? (Only there for 2 months)’ is closed to new replies.