Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cutting your nails at work
  • Houns

Male colleague at work today, sat at the desk next to me, pulls out a little pouch from his bag containing nail scissors and a file and started to cut his finger nails.

Is it me, or is this poor form?! I did take the pee out of him and made sure he counted the off cuts, but does any one else think this is acceptable/normal behaviour ?!

johndoh
    Free Member

An old colleague of mine once cut his own hair at work. He looked like a Prisoner-of-War. Our tea lady (I kid you not) tidied it up for him the next day.

And when I left he Sellotaped some of his freshly-cut toe nails in my leaving card.

bruneep

It grows in work time, so surely he can cut in work time.

Houns

But cut them in the toilets, not over a shared desk

tiggs121
    Free Member

Unacceptable – wee in his shoes! (strangely acceptable)

jekkyl

rather that than the women in my office painting fingernails with polish, flipping stinks.

sharkattack

This reminds me of someone who used to shave his head in the work toilets because his wife wouldn’t let him do it at home. Weird.

But a pouch containing nail clippers? What’s wrong with him? Are his teeth broken?

Houns

They were scissors, and they weren’t up to the job so he did bite a couple off

CountZero

I regularly have to trim mine, because I’m always catching them on various things and partly ripping them, or breaking bits off, so it’s trim the rough bit or risk ripping the nail back into the nail bed.
    But I work on my own, and use my Stanley-bladed utility knife, no nobody gives a toss.

johndoh
    Free Member

I work on my own, and use my Stanley-bladed utility knife, no nobody gives a toss.

You had better not either. Or at least remember to put the knife down first.

rb
    Free Member

I have nail clippers and a file in my van 😀

parkesie
    Free Member

Put them in his keyboard

cardiac
    Free Member

I don’t see an issue with this. I see people with dirt in their nails and it makes me feel sick.

Cougar

But a pouch containing nail clippers? What’s wrong with him? Are his teeth broken?

It’s probably only a matter of time.

sweepy
    Free Member

And what about all the skin he’s shedding just sitting there, SKIN!

No I think you’re being a bit weird there to be honest, it’s just fingernails.

freddyg
    Free Member

I do mine with the scissors from my swiss army knife while having a dump – multi-tasking, see?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve done it at work a few times. Got told off for it once. They seemed to assume I was pinging clippings all over the office, but of course I wasn’t. I’m always careful, and I am quite capable of doing it without inconveniencing anyone.

midlifecrashes

My proctologist cuts his, I’m glad he does.

MrNice
    Free Member

i can understand why he might not fancy biting them

takisawa2

One of my chaps used to regularly take off his socks & clip his toe nails into his office bin.
    Occasionally you’d hear one ping off the laminate floor.
    He also eats tins of curried mackerel at his desk.

Northwind

I’m a terrible biter, if I’ve got a rough edge or a bit of poky skin on my fingers I can’t leave it alone, and you know how that goes, you bite off one rough edge and create another one. So I’ve got a wee set of clippers in my drawer to head it off at the pass. I am very furtive about it though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It depends where his fingers have been innit, I mean if they’ve been on the tube scissors are the only way to go, if however they’ve been up his bum, well then I guess his teeth would do.
    😆
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder 😉

andyha
    Free Member

My missus was early for a meeting one day whereupon the contracts manager proceeded to take off his socks and shoes and gave his toes a trim to every ones astonishment

piemonster

cardiac – Member
    I don’t see an issue with this. I see people with dirt in their nails and it makes me feel sick.

What about this http://www.flickr.com/photos/90886684@N03/8514094408/

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cutting your nails at work’ is closed to new replies.