Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cutting integrated carbon seatpost – advice please!
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Of all the people on this site, I honestly think I’ll be one of the worst when it comes to tinkering and maintaining my bike/s – hence Allterrain have been seeing a lot of me lately!

Quick question, I need to cut around an inch or so off an integrated carbon seatpost on my road bike – is it as easy as covering it in tape then buying a new blade for the Junior Hacksaw and taking my time over it, or shall I just drop it off at the shop and get them to do it, just in case I make a Horlicks of it? 😳

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m all for self tinkering etc. If I bought a bike with an integrated seat post I’d be getting the fit right and letting the shop do it. If they wreck it they sort it!!

neilwheel
    Free Member

I think this is one of those cases, where, if you have to ask then you should probably do the opposite.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Measure once cut twice,no,cut twice then measure once,no,don’t measure guess twice.
    Bikeshop.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Yep, I think you’re both right. I built the bike up then dropped it off for AT to do the gears etc. Good point monkeychild, and probably what swings it, if they screw it up it’s down to them, if I do it I’m knackered!!

Jamie
    Free Member

The way I would do it, is to get out a nice sharp hacksaw, admire it’s blade….

…then think better of it, and ring a LBS.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Measure 327 times, then take it to the shop.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cutting integrated carbon seatpost – advice please!’ is closed to new replies.