Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cut Gate, Cavedale/Edale or Penmachno- Current riding conditions? (ice etc?)
  • hora
    Free Member

Are they rideable? i.e. no ice? 🙂

ton

hora, just got back from a 3 hour walk over cutgate.
    2 to 3 foot drifts all the way to the turn off for langsett, the 2nd one.
    that was as far as we got.
    i would not try it myself.

hora
    Free Member

Ta ton, your sacrifice has saved my girlie ass 😀

So its Penmachno anyone?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I would'nt expect it to be too much different if the clwydians today are anything to go by.Might have a look tmrw tho!Its only 25 mins.

hora
    Free Member

How bad were the Clwyd's?

Rorschach
    Free Member

You'll have to park in Llanferres.Loads of cars parked/abandoned on the main road!!!!.30-45cm of soft snow,even where its been compacted by walkers etc it was very hard going.Impossible to break trail ,even downhill.Will probably have a look at the berwyns tmrw-little snow llangollen way-or go snowboarding.

hora
    Free Member

Hmmm Penmachno is out.

How about Edale/Cavedale/Hope???????

Brown
    Free Member

Stanage/Burbage/Blacka Moor absolutely spot on.

Looked much snowier over towards Hope – we were going to head that way but thought better of it. From what I've heard, it's not great, but I've not actually been per se. Like I say though – Stanage – brilliant!

hora
    Free Member

Brown do you have the Stanage/Burbage/Blacka Moor – that you could send me (or is it in the VGraphics book?

Brown
    Free Member

I don't I'm afraid. But it is in the VG book, named 'Stanage'. Didn't know it until now, but that's the exact loop we did. It's was all rideable today and absolutely brilliant. Fair bit of road I guess, but it's my local loop, so I don't care, and the roads are covered in snow, so they're pretty 'interesting'. We didn't drop down the plantation today (marked shortcut off stanage)as the causeway was looked great, although friends did and said it was brilliant. Certainly looked fine.

Hope that helps!

Bunnyhop

Hora – we rode from Marple Roman lakes to Robin Hood Picking rods, then back over Rowarth yesterday. The snow was about 15 c.m.s at the top and only a bit of pushing, but the rest was ridable. Just need a bit if courage for the ice.

garethh
    Free Member

Plantation was indeed v good today, couldn't quite commit to riding the top corner but the rest was all rideable, some bits easier than normal, another great 'luge style run' is down from Mam Nick to Edale on the bridleway, did this last week was fantastic!

chrispalmr
    Free Member

I had a long traverse over Rushups Edge last Monday (took about 90mins from the Edale/Castleton road over and down to the main road – usually takes 30-45 minutes!) and that ride ended with a long very slippery walk down Cavedale, which was mostly sheet ice.

Broken Road from Castleton up to Rushups Edge was an icerink too!

Might have improved since, but I would be cautious.

Chris

garethh
    Free Member

The old road from Castleton is pretty much all rideable, we walked up and climbed Mam tor gully and a Back tor gully today, loads of fresh snow and quite windy. Skied back down the old road towed behind the car with some rope, then got towed back up for more, ace fun!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cut Gate, Cavedale/Edale or Penmachno- Current riding conditions? (ice etc?)’ is closed to new replies.