Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cut Gate
  • roastdinner
    Free Member

How’s it running? Never done it before and may try Monday. This route specifically:
    http://www.gpsies.com/map.do;jsessionid=C9BBCB7CE0A3208B97B3D88458322BA5.fe3?fileId=iavrtmmfsaxzkjlq

Will avoid if it’s too soggy, not sure how much rain you’ve had up there lately?

Cheers

ebennett

It was great last Saturday, as dry as I’ve ever seen it. The recent rain might have made it a bit muddier though, worth checking out Keeper of the Peak on twitter for updates – should be plenty over the weekend. Probably still be fine though if it isn’t lashing down between now and Monday.

spacey

I’d avoid for a while. It’s rained a lot this week and I’d expect it to be boggy again up there. Not seen any report of it on KoP this week.

Tracey

We have had alot of rain this week and more forcast for tomorrow. It was riding really good up to the rain comming, was hoping to get back up on Sunday but with the amount of rain put down will probable ride elsewhere in the Peak

roastdinner
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, that KoP account is very useful. I’ll keep my eye on it over the weekend and look for a backup route (suggestions welcome 🙂 )

jekkyl
    tuboflard

If the monsoon that’s just passed over me in west Sheffield has also made it to Cut Gate, and the amount of rain we got yesterday too, I suspect it will be getting back to usual status.

vickypea
    Free Member

It was great on Sunday, very dry. Not sure how much rain is needed to change it from bone dry to boggy?

mickmcd
    Free Member

Was there Tuesday was fine today not so good

roastdinner
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Jekkyl that route is just what I was looking for, will give it a go cheers!

sambob
    Free Member

Absolutely hoofed it down all afternoon yesterday at Ladybower, so I’d imagine it’s transitioned back to it’s normal boggy state.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cut Gate’ is closed to new replies.