Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Customer Service: The Good, The Bad and the OK
  • ChatoFanClub
    Free Member

Being in recovery from surgery I have too much time to spend on the forums and no time allowed on the bikes. And this is one result. A very quick summary of my personal experience of bike gear shops that I have used in 2011. A quick PASS/FAIL rating with comments where out of the ordinary. Obviously somewhat subjective, but they had to really mess up to fail. In approx order of spend value……..

LBSs used;

SantaCruz/Niner dealer
    – very good service from Paul and the team from Rock and Road (much better attitude than the other local SC deal I went to when looking to buy last year) – PASS
    Specialized dealer – indifferent service. Does make me wonder why I didn’t just buy the bike online. Jury is still out (I have an upcoming warranty issue!)
    Industry Nine dealerPASS

Online retailers used;

ChainReaction – didn’t even reply to me after I had 2 consecutive CC’s compromised earlier this year. Also didn’t acknowledge delivery promise failures – FAIL
    WigglePASS
    Jenson (USA) – Initial teething problems but good remedial customer – PASS
    Stif – they aren’t in too much of a hurry, but are good with advice. – PASS
    Westbrook Cycles – borderline PASS
    Competitive Cyclist (USA) – stuff often arrives quicker than from UK based retailers very efficient. Tax and delivery charges aside – PASS
    Ayup lightsPASS
    NextDayTyres– Nearly always live up to their name! – PASS
    Rutland CyclingPASS
    WinstanleysPASS
    UKbikestorePASS
    Evans CyclesPASS
    29Squadron.com – Wanted additional delivery charges after their courier failed to deliver on first attempt. I declined and they only refunded the cost of goods – they charged me for the failed delivery and are adamant about not refunding it. Their attitude is piss poor. –FAIL
    Pedalpowershop – So far failed to deliver goods ordered 7 weeks ago. They don’t answer the phone and I have had one apologetic email reply to 5 requests during that period. Very poor communication. – FAIL
    RibblePASS
    FreebornPASS
    JustRidingAlongPASS
    WheeliesPASS
    Triton Cycles – So far failed to deliver goods ordered in April FAIL
    Planet-X-Bikes[/b] – PASS

All goods ordered on online retailers were shown as in stock. CRC get a lot less of my business since the CC debacle.

Best customer service
    LBS – Rock and Road. Online – CompetitiveCyclist.com
    Worst customer service (by a huge margin): Online – 29Squadron.com

trailflow
    Free Member

this thread- FAIL 🙂

alexpalacefan

I like that.

Hope you get better soon buddy, I’m in recovery from having my carpel tunnel done, only had a couple of weeks off the bike, but it seems like ages eh?

Cheers,

APF

binners

You really, really are bored aren’t you. I struggle with long sentences. get well soon fella 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Customer Service: The Good, The Bad and the OK’ is closed to new replies.