Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Customer Service Award 2014
  • RicB

I’m sure everyone has had problems with one company or another at some point- the bike industry is no different to any other. But there are a few companies that seem to go above and beyond the call of duty for their customers.

Might be nice to give them the recognition and praise they deserve (and some nice, free advertising!).

My vote goes to James at J-Tech. Brilliant after sales service on top of good prices and speedy delivery.

Yours?

firestarter
    Free Member

I struggle to think of anyone as good as hope on the customer service front

Jamie
    Free Member

They’re big corporate bastards, but Amazon for me.

Edit: Oh wait, you just wanted bike companies? In that case Wiggle for their automated returns setup.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

There are a lot of good companies out there but I agree that Hope win hands down for just doing it day in day out.

jedimaster
    Free Member

TF Tuned

rOcKeTdOg

Cheltenham cycles, knowledgeable staff, go out of their way to keep you happy & they make a decent cuppa!

I’ve sent about 6 people in to buy bikes there & everyone has been happy & looked after

Junkyard
    Free Member

They’re big corporate bastards, but Amazon for me

Adds name to the list

Hope are great and wont be bettered IMHO

I have had lots and lots of chats with CRC this year and they are efficient with returns. Not sure if this is good or bad tbh

dalesjoe
    Free Member

C&B seen lights. Sent out a new light next day delivery to replace a “faulty” one no questions asked. Just told me to send back the old one whenever! Up there with the likes of Hope in he customer service league.

northernmatt

Loco were good when I sent my shock in for service.

tomhoward

TF Tuned for online and Stif as an LBS get my vote.

sandwicheater

C&B seen lights

Handy, was just pondering a light from them over the weekend. That’s the push I needed, cheers.

Rockshox for me. Reverb after 20 months use just changed for a new one, ace.

badllama
    Free Member

Ok well and it will prove unpopular but
    1st Place Evans, Chill Factor ques are a nightmare at busy periods but staff are top, unfortunately they change so often I cannot remember names but they have great people working there, one girl once saved me soooo much time by running through a tool list for a job I needed to do on the bike. 😀

2nd Place Halford’s, Congleton went above and beyond when my cus was searching for a bike on the bike to work scheme and no one else was arsed to even check at other stores etc…

Kuco

A couple of problems I had this year with Wiggle were soon sorted out fast.

MoreCashThanDash

Been impressed by the service from USE Exposure this year, couple of niggles sorted quickly for me, including those caused by user error…..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mark at MTBBatteries for replacing my lumenator battery free of charge, despite the battery being damaged by my dropping it. Awesome service.

And for the always brilliant, just ticking along constantly award – merlin cycles.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Rides On Air, Wallingford. Great coffee and cake. And they sell bikes. What’s not to love?

igm

Upgrade

fourbanger
    Free Member

18 Bikes for me.

orangeman5
    Free Member

Had an issue with my “go to” Rab cycling jacket, first class customer service and quick delivery, love their stuff…. 🙂

simmy
    Free Member

Jason & Neil @ Rebound suspension.

Merlin can get busy but always reliable.

CRC have always been fine for me.

br
    Free Member

Mail order – Merlin are very good and my go-to site

LBS – loads around here, to name a couple who’ve been good to deal with; Steve at I-Cycles (for advice and parts) Julian at Borders Bike (for a demo and good prices)

mcnultycop

The Gernans, not all if them but Canyon and Bike Discount. Canyon paid for my LBS to do a full frame swap when my Nerve AM cracked. It was just the chainstay but Canyon shipped a whole new frame, no questions (and my bearings needed doing anyway, so it saved me a job). My Lev is from Bike Discount, few issues and it’s been back to them at their cost, sorted and returned pretty sharpish.

Also my LBS, Bikeanics in Greenfield. Just top, friendly service.

honourablegeorge

Renthal should get a mention, they have the same attitude to customer service as Hope.

I’ve found CRC excellent every time I’ve had to use them for warranty or any other issue.

Had an issue with an Evans delivery recently too, found them extremely quick and helpful on the phone.

Onzadog
    Free Member

BasqueMTB. We must have made that week far more challenging than it needed to be but Doug takes it all in his stride and keeps the holiday awesome.

jimw
    Free Member

Both LoCo and Mojo provided exemplary service when getting forks and shock serviced, and also both have very helpful , knowledgeable and patient staff on the end of the phone when asking potentially numpty questions!
    Paul, Matt and Tim at Back on Track in North Malvern have always been helpful and supportive this year

takisawa2

Charliethebikemonger was helpful when I “Knarded-Up” the front of the SIR.

LoCo suspension were ace, when I used them last year.

And the chap from Stooge, for just being a thoroughly nice bloke.

Poor CS of the year goes to the snotty nosed oik from Swinnertons, at Cannock.
    Went in to pull the trigger a new Orange 5 but was faced with such a cliquey attitude I walked away. 🙁

egb81
    Free Member

Zealous for loaning me a prototype frame to take on holiday when mine was still in transit.

Bike UK in Bristol for having the random selection of bits I needed in a big hurry and at sensible prices.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My local bike shop, demo hikes, race support, Friday beers, express fixing and good blokes. So pop into sprung in Launceston Tasmania when your passing.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

1st is LOCO for me, I needed a small part that I couldn’t source they sent it to me for free.

2nd is Windwave for warrantying my fork in rapid time.

The most improved service would be Superstars they have been really good at responding to my correspondence this year where in the past they were useless.

thegreatape
    Free Member

When I’m spending a decent amount of money I usually have plenty of questions before I spend it. With that in mind, I would nominate Bird Cycleworks, both for their advice and before purchase, and more importantly their customer service afterwards, and more recently Stif, who have been great to deal with via email and phone.

walla24
    Free Member

Simon at LOCO
    For always taking time and not laughing at my ridiculous questions when I bother him at 5 o’clock.
    Thanks mate

northernmatt

Remembered another.

Steve at Shand Cycles sent me some bolt on cable guides for nowt after I’d been looking around for some weeks. Top job.

Northwind

Hope are so-so. In my book you don’t get plus points for selling a known unreliable product then doing a great job of fixing it when it breaks- that’s bad service largely countered by good service, but people seem delighted with it.

I got a bit fed up with them over the pro 2 axles thing- they redesigned the hub to stop it breaking but wouldn’t even do me a discount on the upgrade parts, they just kept sending me the flawed original part which we both knew would snap again.

For me, definitely Loco this year- I sent him a shock for a custom tune, he phoned up and said “It’s not working right, you don’t need a custom tune, you just need it fixed”- that saved me money and cost him a sale basically, top stuff. Cotic as ever very helpful with my totally worn-out Hemlock, sorting me with cheap parts and offering a big discount on a new bike for really no reason other than that they’re top boys. Icycles and Just Bike Repairs in Juniper Green for fixing things.

DanW
    Free Member

Hope

TF Tuned

Clee Cycles

All exceptionally helpful and easy to communicate with. Can’t say enough good stuff about these 3.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

LBS for me – Life on Wheels in Holywell, Flintshire. Some of the most helpful/nicest poeople I have dealt with.

Online – Cotic!

jimw
    Free Member

I forgot Cotic! Sorry chaps. For sorting me a frame and then sorting the shock out . Thanks again Cy and Paul.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

four 4th lights – my 4 yr old charger had blown over Xmas & when I emailed them they offered to open up for me to go & get one.

Thanks Del

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Customer Service Award 2014’ is closed to new replies.