Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Custom tuning:worth the money?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Who has had their rear shock, particularly coils custom tuned and did did you notice much difference? My shock doesn’t need a service yet, so I don’t want to spen the cash if I wont notice any improvement.

flange
    Free Member

I’m torn on this issue. I recently had my forks and shock (RP23) ‘tuned’ and frankly they were worse than prior to me sending them off. The shock was returned with no air in it and the rebound wound all the way out. Might just be specific to the tuner, but I’ll do it myself next time.

On the other hand, I have a push’d DHX4 coil on my DH bike and its amazing. I bought it like that so can’t compare it to what it was out the box, but its very very impressive.

MarkyG82

Had my RP23 looked at by TF last year. Made a huge difference but then it was previously tuned for a fatty and also in need of a service so the difference was very obvious. Also not a coil so Ill get my coat.

traildog
    Free Member

Always been very much worth it for me, but then I am not ‘average’ weight.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How do they custom tune anyhow? Whats different that they can do that we can’t?

chakaping
    Free Member

Had the Van R on my Froggy PUSHed and it made a big improvement to the performance. Tracked the ground much better afterwards.

I waited until it needed a service anyway though, so the cost wasn’t that great considering you have to get a service as well as the PUSH mod.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

A PUSH tune (from TFT) transformed the DHX4 on my SX Trail. Totally removed the blow-through that they are notorious for and improved tracking no end. The ProPedal adjustments actually started making a difference, too. It was also easier to pedal. As long as you know, and are honest, about how you ride and what you want from a shock, and make sure you explain to the tuner, you will feel the benefits.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m a couple of stone over average and the shock was bought after market, so not specifically tuned to the bike. Looks like it should be money well spent then, I have a fairly good idea what I want.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Custom tuning:worth the money?’ is closed to new replies.