Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Custom Truss Ti forks….
  • rosscopeco
    Free Member

Working on a new custom Ti frame at the moment. Bencooper built me a great 853 frame so I’m now looking to get it made out of the wonder metal with a few tweaks here and there.

Currently dealing with Waltly who have been very good thus far. They don’t however make truss forks so I’m looking for a manufacturer recommendation….has anyone had one made and care to point me in the right direction?

Ta

Cheezpleez

Interested

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Perhaps not a huge help as you’re working with Waltly but XACD have done them for other people before:

http://www.spanner.org.uk/2013/02/hughs-pez-gordo-space-frame-fat-bike-with-truss-forks-by-xacd/

I’ve seen them before but still can’t quite work out how they fit together!

You could go a little left field of course:

http://www.spanner.org.uk/2016/03/fork-me-thats-the-way-to-do-it/

http://www.spanner.org.uk/2015/10/van-nicholas-lefty-truss-fork/

Let me know how it goes as I’m always on the look out for bikes to feature…

Andrew.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Cheap chinese?

How well do you like your front teeth?

dovebiker

Been dealing with Waltly and XACD for many years and some of my bikes are on Andrew’s Spanner.org webby. The reason that buying direct from China is ‘cheap’ is because you haven’t paid someone else to move the box at least twice, each 30-50% to the cost for the privilege i.e. factory to distributor, distributor to shop, shop to consumer. The irony is that Waltly and XACD make frames for ‘brands’ that some perceive as high-value. My experience is that I often get a better service dealing with China than I would with a shop and would have no hesitation in recommending them if you know what you want. The only caveat is that I’ve got some engineering design experience and some of the Chinese ‘horror’ stories relate to people making poor choices about tube sizes or frame features. Thinking about XACD making me a combined truss fork and stem for my fatbike….

qwerty
    Free Member
    rosscopeco
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies…should have thought of the spannerbike resource before! Much more bedtime reading to do!

Let me know how it goes as I’m always on the look out for bikes to feature…

Andrew.

Cheers Andrew…I may be in touch in the near future!

dovebiker – Member
    Been dealing with Waltly and XACD for many years and some of my bikes are on Andrew’s Spanner.org webby.

Good to know dovebiker…thanks. I totally agree re the service thus far from Wally…they have been very very easy and helpful. Having been through the whole design and build process with Ben I know exactly what I want already…the only bit I’ll be stuck on is the tubing sizes so some more research is needed on that front. Will drop XACD a note and get their input.

What about a squid fork?

Check out Ted James instagram page for a few pics:

Good shout…I’ll check out his stuff too.

tazzymtb

James at black sheep and burnesy at oddity cycles have been doing custom to truss forks for years so may be worth having a chat to those boys as well

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Custom Truss Ti forks….’ is closed to new replies.