Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Custom slogan t-shirts (in a hurry)
  • munkster
    Free Member

Left it a bit late but need 4 “slogan” t-shirts (two large words one above the other) before next Thursday. Vistaprint are asking £12 for expedited delivery which is an option but clearly a bit rich.

Any other suggestions for this? Can you buy any “home-made” options?? eg. to iron on yourself?

Hoping the STW Hive Mind has some good ideas 😉

jambourgie
    Free Member

That’s a shame, I actually have a T-Shirt press. Could’ve done you some but I’m out of T’s.

You can get A4 heat-transfer paper which you can iron on after printing with an inkjet. I’ve never tried it, but for 4 T’s it’d be cheap to try.

Something like this, may be available from a hobby shop…

pyranha

Those iron on ones work reasonably well, but you do need to trim the transfer before ironing, particularly on a darker shirt, as otherwise there’s a bit of a shadow – best on white, really, but we used them on (self) tie dyed with scouts, and they were fine.

And while I wouldn’t expect them to be as good as a professionally done print, they’ve lasted a good few washes before starting to look a bit ragged.

If they’re only for a day or weekend, I’d definitely do the iron on.

munkster
    Free Member

Yeah it’s literally for a 10 minute “thing” and not even up close so the quality isn’t really the biggest deal.

Biggest deal at present is having access to an inkjet printer if that’s what is required…

zilog6128

A lot of local sign makers will have vinyl cutters & heat presses and could do the job while you wait, especially if you picked up some cheap t-shirts from Tesco/H&M etc so they didn’t have to order anything in. On the off chance you are near whitstable I could help you out.

Drac

Sports shops.

Our local one can do vinyl printer more or less straight away.

munkster
    Free Member

Cool, this is all useful and provides me with avenues to explore!

Not near Whitstable I’m afraid… But thanks for the various offers 🙂

Alphabet

I can sort you out with Vinyl lettering on 100% cotton in a choice of 20 colours. Just Google “Bad Zebedee” and you’ll find either my website (work in progress) or my eBay or Etsy site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Custom slogan t-shirts (in a hurry)’ is closed to new replies.