Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Custom shock tuning DIY question
  • bigdan6
    Free Member

Is it possible to alter the Rebound tune on a Fox RP23 ?

Or do I have to send away for the professionals to play with?

Thanks guys

bigdan6
    Free Member

Some additional info:

With current PSI at 210-220 to acheive 25-30% sag I have to have the rebound adjuster turned to fully slow. Even then it’s still a little too quick when it rebounds after compression. I compensate for this by running less pressure & more sag, which isn’t ideal.

Any thoughts guys…
    Thanks

bigdan6
    Free Member

Anyone…

KonaTC
    Rorschach
    Free Member

Have you got any pressurised nitrogen to hand?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Loco tuning….

bigdan6
    Free Member

Do I need nitrogen to alter the Rebound? I thought nitrogen was for the velocity tune? (eek, I’ve had several cups of beer!)

bigyim
    Free Member

Could you alter the oil weight in the shock?

Russell96

Fox shocks have quite a broad range when it comes to rebound with standard generic non custom (bikes from the shop floor) if it is still too fast then I would suggest it is in dire need of a full service as there is something obviously wrong with it.

As an example when I was a fat bugga and putting nearly 300psi in mine (on three different bikes) I never needed to go beyond one click either side of the middle of the rebound range.

coatesy
    Free Member

They come in various states of compression and rebound tune from the factory, depending on their intended application. Other than using the rebound adjuster knob, or fitting an air-can volume reducer to alter the ramp-up characteristics, there’s not a lot you can do, all the adjustments have to be made by fully stripping the shock, and will require the aforementioned high pressure nitrogen recharging.Loco, Mojo, J-tec or TF will be able to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Custom shock tuning DIY question’ is closed to new replies.