Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Custom Rigid Forks (Vicious Forks/Independent Fabrication) – UK Alternative ???
  • Rik
    Free Member

Need a quality disk only 420mm long steel or Ti, with various braze on’s etc.

Salsa would be high on the list but non of the options suit. Also Vicious Forks/Independent Fabrication but ideally would like to order in the UK.

Lots of UK frame builders but not may advertise making forks??

tails
    Free Member

That shand guy does them.

Rik
    Free Member

Just emailed Shand – cheers

Any others doesn’t have to be custom if somebody produces a stock one – which I can’t find.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I had a VERY competative price a few years back from Curtis. They used to advertise them on their site – not sure if they still do.

Off the top of my head, they quoted £130ish for a fully custom fork (length and colour – didn’t enquire about other mounts etc).

ampthill

cheap generic fork then ask some one to add the braze ons?

Rik
    Free Member

Why would I want to put a cheap fork on an expensive nice frame??

ampthill

fair point. Scanning to fast I thought the problem was not “how do i get forks to do the job”, not “how do i get nice forks to do the job”

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

I have had a a few thoughts about custom forks over the years and the availability of good basic forks has always made me think about doing something nicer. I think an 853 (or possibly 953) fork (possibly bolt through?) would be a possibility but I haven’t pursued it further due to cost. If you are interested in chatting the options, email me (matt@18bikes.co.uk) and I can scare you with some 953 prices, then maybe come up with an 853 option that would work

Matt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Custom Rigid Forks (Vicious Forks/Independent Fabrication) – UK Alternative ???’ is closed to new replies.