Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Custom Paint Jobs….Lets See Them
  • Swiftacular
    Free Member

Got a new (to me) frame, already stripped to bare metal, and wondering what to do with it. Could take the boring option and get it powder coated in one plain colour, but wondered how good/inspired/awful a sprayed job could look?

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh you could go for a Mondrain inspired thing:

mainly white frame but yellow BB housing, red head tube and one of the seat stays in blue, all other kit on the bike to be in black?

…a little too retro?

v10
    Free Member

My old Socom was unusual!

Was actually a water transfer wrap (sound odd but was incredibly hardwearing). Intense got a couple done as one offs by these guys:

Clicky

Bloody expensive though!

singlespeedstu

Have a look here for some ideas.

http://www.spectrumpowderworks.com/index.php?

clubber
    Free Member

my inbred in team colours – purple and white at the local painters with gold decals by the boy racer place.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh that Prairie Ghost or Mothwing would look very cool with black outlined red body colour graphics!

myheadsashed

Spectrum did the paint job on my ‘cross bike.

joe1983
    Free Member

If you look at v10’s link it says ‘the most common items decorated are shown in our retail price list’ I clicked on it expecting bike frame etc etc. Nope. Shotguns, Rifles, Handguns, and Bows. Good ‘ol US of A

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Alex, that is a nice idea, but i just cant see it. I love the look of some of the Rocky Mounatin jobs, but obviously no good on a Reign.
    Thinking of doing it myself with spray and piping, and the worst that can happen, is it looks gash and i get it stripped and powder coated for £40.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Custom blue powder coated

with pink details

Swiftacular
    Free Member

nunuboogie, a nice idea, but those in the know will realise i’m done with powder blue. In the lower picture that paint looks a beautiful shade tho, like my old Singular. Really like that colour for a more retro looking bike.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I like the cameo patterns but won’t post my ‘Dale to USA. Anybody more local, say within UK?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I have seen someone do something similar with wood pattern laminate stuff, easy to do on a basic round-tubed frame.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Theres a company in York that do that woodland camo thing…

There was a guy on here that had his Spesh done by them..

Can’t think of the company name tho’..

Sorry.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My 853 Inbred after an Argos Cycles respray. It’s the high spec 2-pack powdercoat they have, transfers under the laquer, and it seems incredibly hard wearing, and looks fantastic for a single colour

timbur
    Free Member

I’ve just had a black gloss powder coat done for £40 inc bead blast. Can’t wait to collect it :O)

I’ve even got some special stickers for it.

Tim

Saccades
    Free Member

The place in york is called hydrographics (Not that I’m remembering because I want to get my bike done or anything, oh no…).

geetee1972
    Free Member

Nunuboogie – is that an IF? It’s a very fetching shade of blue, more like duck egg than powder blue in the pictures – it is very nice!

Swift – how about this iridescent job? It’s not mine (really not my bag baby), I just saw it on eBay and thought I had to keep the pictures!

My Nicolai (has been posted here before) is Metallic British Racing Green with a bright white rear triangle. The BRG looks almost black in low light, but is just amazing out in the sun.

I also have a spesh in pearlescent white done by Argos. It doesn’t quite look pearlescent in the pictures but it’s sweet nevertheless.

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3501/3191732705_b5b6de7fd3.jpg?v=0[/img]

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

‘Rat Bike’ paint job. Can of hammerite lightly & badly sprayed over original paint to make it look rubbish.

Keeping it real and able to lock up in public 😀

(contaption stuff is an Xtracycle)

Swello
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius/Snow Camo

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I customise mine with rocks.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I had a Giant reign powder coated in ‘Antique Copper’ it was lush!!

Tracey

Abigales, metalic pink

Tracey

nunuboogie
    Free Member

geetee1972 no its a rocklobster purchased off here a few months ago.
    Sprayed by a mate who works for a steel firm! Very pleased with the outcome.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

That snow camo helius looks awesome, and something you could achieve personally.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Custom Paint Jobs….Lets See Them’ is closed to new replies.