Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Curved Seatpost?
  • alexpalacefan

Just been asked to fettle a mate’s bike, (Kona Fire Mountain, maybe 4-5 yr old, 27.2 al post)and the seatpost curves very noticeably to the rear. Is this normal/ some sort of fancy aftermatket post or has he just bent it?

Just want to check so I don’t send him out with a dodgy post. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex

dicky
    Free Member

Does it say ‘Thomson’ on the side? If so, then it probably should be bent like that 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I bend loads of seatposts 🙁

Elmo
    Free Member

Me too……NOW i’ve got a thompson!

That should stop it!

Gooner
    Free Member

alexpalacefan could you contact me please (email addy in my profile) re the bike maintenance course i posted about a couple of weeks ago as i have some more info

Algore
    Free Member

If it is a smooth curve it sounds like the old Zoom seatposts which were the post of choice in the early 90s. Moots do a Ti one with a similar look.

If it is a definite kink, it might be a Thomson. In which case swipe it off him and replace it with a basic one and fit it to your bike!

StuF

Mine developed a slight bend – only noticed it after it stopped going down all the way.

theflatboy
    Free Member

do a google image search for “moots seatpost”, and see if it looks like the first couple of results.

theflatboy
    Free Member

was i close?

alexpalacefan

Nah, it’s not a thompson, a more gradual bend for the length of the post, also not one of those Moots things. He’s just bent it from bouncing up and down on it!

Anyway I have persuaded him to get a new one,

thanks all for the advice, a good weekend to all.

Alex

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Moots seatpost….

DO NOT DO A GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH FOR THAT AT WORK!

dave_aber
    Free Member

Thanks for that…… 🙄

catshoe
    Free Member

of course I had to (google that is)- luckily I’m at home

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Curved Seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.