Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Curtis Freerides – Anyone got one? Pics & Spec please
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

I've just bought a Curtis Freeride frame off here and I need to work out what spec I want to build it to. While it's away at Curtis for a refresh and the fitting of a either a front mech cable stop or an ISCG 05 mount (for a Hammerschmidt – not sure about this and don't know if they can)

Anybody else got one and what spec have you built it to?

Thanks for any help

Cheers

Ken

Bumhands
    Free Member

Pike 454
    Thomson post
    Thomson 4x stem
    Chris King ISO hubs on Mavic 321
    Chris King Headset
    Saint brakes & levers
    Saint shifter
    XT Rear mech
    MRP Slalom 3
    Bel Air saddle
    Goodridge hoses

What colour you going for?
    Clear lacquer looks the nuts but is not as hard wearing as paint.

ken_shields
    Free Member

It's clear at the moment but am liking the howies blue with silver and blue finishing kit

rob1984p
    Free Member

When I emailed them last year about supplying an ISCG mount for the framebuilder at my old place to put on my Supercross they said they didn't do them an that they just recommmend the bb cup clamped adaptors. Problem solvers make clamp on cable stops if I recall correctly they are pretty cheap…just a thought.

ken_shields
    Free Member

The frame came with a problem solver but if it's going in for a repaint at Curtis I'll get Gary to fit a front cable stop while it's there

Bumhands…..got any pics?

You could mail them to me at ken_shields@btopenworld.com if you can't post them on here 😆

shandcycles
    Free Member

I make a steel ISCG mount that can be retrofitted to a steel frame and you can buy them here:

http://www.shand.cycles.com/store

cheers

taka
    Free Member

not mine off the classifileds last week but i remember drooling over it 😀

ken_shields
    Free Member

That's the frame I bought 😛

taka
    Free Member

lol i was looking at it but twas too late 😥

Bumhands
    Free Member

heihei

Keep it clear – that looks the nuts! Nearly bought it myself but slightly too long in the TT.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ken that's a lovely frame you've got there. How much did you get it for?

GlennG
    Free Member

Got a marine blue Curtis FR which I had made in sept 06, with Pikes, hope 2/DT5.1, RF post/stem, Hone cranks, Hope M4s, etc, good frame but would like the head angle to be a bit slacker (69 deg with Pikes and no sag so roughly 70-71 deg with sag). Gary wouldnt fit ISCG mounts when I asked for them. Looking at getting another in the next month or so, spoke to Gary before xmas and the FR frame is going to be a lot more common soon as hes just finishing a batch for Chainreactioncycles.

ken_shields
    Free Member

geetee1972 – Member
    Ken that's a lovely frame you've got there. How much did you get it for?

A gentleman never reveals how much he pays for stuff 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Curtis Freerides – Anyone got one? Pics & Spec please’ is closed to new replies.