• This topic has 56 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • curry..
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If we want proper curry then Bradford Kashmir beckons!

NOW yer talking! Now yer talking…. 🙂 The one on Morely St?

Glad there’s at least one decent enlightened soul amongst all the blasphemers….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mind you, there is still a long time go before your wife comes back isn’t there…

Yep – about enough time to have a couple of beers and collapse in a heap. Maybe try and finish the Ozzy autobiography I am reading – not sure I can cope with COD tonight.

Elfin – the next time you are in the area, you need to get to Knaresborough and try Akaash – I have tried all the big names and recommendations in Leeds and Bradford, but this one really is head and shoulders above – it is a restaurant that does curry rather than a curry house, but don’t let that put you off – the quality is superb and the staff are great.

bigbob38
    Free Member

Well…. The curries were suprisingly good from Asda! Thanks for the tips guys…

All the wine is gone and my ‘investment’ of less than £20 has worked a treat…. the OH is asleep and I am on here 😉

timdrayton
    Free Member

Waitrose!!!!

Their vegetable rice and a lamb rogon josh hmmm

Twin
    Free Member

Chicken Jalfrezi
    I love this curry. Better if you leave out the ghee and add a couple of green peppers about 10 mins before serving though.
    Simple and super cheap to make – the recipe makes 4 very generous or 6 decent sized portions.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Woke up this morning realising I meant Zolsha.

Get yourself to Zolsha Elfin.

Ooops

KT1973
    Free Member

Here’s my Gran’s (or perhaps I should say my naan’s) Curry Recipe
    800g chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 3-4cm pieces
    2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely crushed
    2cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
    ½tsp fine sea salt
    ½tsp hot chilli powder
    1½tbsp lemon juice
    75ml natural yoghurt
    ½tsp garam masala (mixed Indian spices)
    ½ tsp ground turmeric
    1tsp ground cumin
    1-2 tbsp vegetable oil, for brushing
    For the sauce:

1½ tbsp ghee or melted, unsalted butter
    2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
    2cm ginger, peeled and finely chopped
    1 cardamom pod, seeds lightly crushed
    2 cloves
    1tsp ground coriander
    1tsp garam masala (mixed Indian spices)

1tsp ground turmeric
    1tsp hot chilli powder, or to taste
    275ml tomato pure
    1tbsp lemon juice
    40g unsalted butter
    100ml double cream
    1tbsp chopped coriander, to garnish

Place the chicken in a bowl with the garlic, ginger, salt, chilli powder and lemon juice. Mix, cover with cling film and chill for 30 mins.
    Mix together the yogurt, garam masala, turmeric and cumin and add to the chicken, making sure that each piece is well coated with the mixture. Cover again and chill for 3-4 hours.
    Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC/gas mark 4. Put the marinated chicken pieces on a grill rack set on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 mins. Brush the chicken pieces with a little oil and turn them over
    Start by pouring a small amount of the oil into your hands. It’s very important to warm it up by rubbing your hands together before applying it. Use just a little at first. You don’t want it to get too wet and sloppy, and you can always apply more if needed. Use fingertips in softer, more sensitive areas and full hand in areas such as the back and shoulders. A good technique is to start with the feet, working up to the neck area, then turning her over on her back to work on her chest and legs. Become an expert on how to give a massage by using this for ultimate blood flow to the genital area Rub her feet, but don’t spend too much time here or she might get sleepy. Then work up the back of her legs, softly touching her inner thighs, brushing her genital area. Use your fingertips on the lower part of her bottom and top of her legs together, ending with tickles in her inner thighs. Working up, tickle the insides of the bottom crack. Work up the back, massaging on the outsides of the spinal cord, but not the spinal cord itself. Lightly tickle the lower middle back for a special sensation. Spend a few moments on an erotic massage of the neck and arms. Don’t rub too hard, still keeping with gentle movements. Rub her hands, devoting your time to each individual finger. Finish by holding each of her hands in each of your hands for a loving moment. Tell her you are going to turn her over at this point, and assist her in her repositioning as if she is a delicate china doll. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC/gas mark 4. Put the marinated chicken pieces on a grill rack set on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 mins. Brush the chicken pieces with a little oil and turn them over. Bake for another 10-12 mins until just cooked through. Gently rub her shoulders, and lightly touch her nipples and breast area, stroking the outer sides of the breasts together. You don’t want to be too invasive at this point, but you don’t want to ignore her super-sensitive areas either. Use fingertips down her stomach, gliding down towards her legs, lightly brushing her inner thighs, near her genital area. As you brush her inner thighs, gently rub her entire vulva, following with clitoral stimulation. For the sauce: Heat the ghee or butter in a pan and add the garlic and ginger. Fry for a min or so then add the cardamom, cloves, coriander, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir well and fry for 12 mins until they give off a lovely aroma. Stir in the tomato pure and lemon juice and cook for another couple of mins. Add the chicken pieces to the sauce and stir well to coat. Finally, add the butter and cream and stir continuously until the butter has melted and the sauce is smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning.

Transfer to a warm bowl and serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander

Jobs a goodun

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sounds in incredibly fussy and long-winded curry recipe!

You can make a good masala with around seven ingredients.

snowslave

Oh look, it’s the korma sutra

KT1973
    Free Member

snowslave – Member
    Oh look, it’s the korma sutra

I like it! 😀

yodagoat
    Free Member
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And here is mine – had an Indian lady come to our house and teach me how to do it. It really does taste gorgeous (okay, so a few more ingredients than I remembered, but still very few and very simple).

The Bombay potatoes are great too.

http://www.mixd.co.uk/devnet/mikedanford/curry_recipe.pdf

Ohh, and I always do my rice to that recipe now too, although I normally add potatoes, carrots and peas too.

CHB

@Elfinsafety@ Yes the Kashmir on Wilton Street/Morly street near the Alhambra. The drunken Omar Sharif look alike that works there is worth the trip alone. The onion bahji and fish pakora are amazing.

CHB

Do we need an STW Kashmir curry evening?

MrOvershoot

Woody – Member

I would also recommend the Lidl ones, Kan Pur Garden (or something like that) either in the ready meal or the paste/sauce in a jar. Absolutely superb and stopped me messing around with spices as it wasn’t worth the hassle.
    Kanpur Garden Rogan Josh sauce in a jar from Lidl is one of the best no fiddling needed sauce jars I have tried & I’ve tried a few

john_drummer
    Free Member

I was at Bradford uni & never really liked the Kashmir.

My favourite of the time, the Shimla at Shearbridge Green, is now no more, I think. Evershine further up Morley Street was my second fave, followed by the Shaheen on the end of Grove Terrace, also no more. Helped that I lived on Grove Terr at the time though

CHB

The Kashmir went downhill for a while (like about 10 years ago or more). I started going again after a thread on here about a year or two ago. It’s back up there as top curry place in my book.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘curry..’ is closed to new replies.