Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Curry in Edinburgh
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

Recommendations around city centre, Lothian rd area please

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It’s not really a restaurant, and it’s not on Lothian Road, but you can ride your bike into it.

The Mosque at Potterow is pretty ethnic.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186525-d1023923-Reviews-The_Mosque_Kitchen-Edinburgh_Scotland.html

hels
    Free Member

I can’t think of any curry places on Lothian road. The Bombay Bicycle Club is a bit further up in Tollcross.

My fave place in Edinburgh is the Khukuri in West Maitland Street.

The Namaste Katmandu on Forrest Road is acceptable too, both Nepalese.

geoffj

IMHO Edinburgh isn’t great for curries*, but the Kalpna is nice for vegan stuff.

http://kalpnarestaurant.com/

* I did spend my formative years within spitting distance of Rusholme!

hels
    Free Member

True, Curry not really that hot in Edinburgh, but it has some cracking French places.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Dunno, theres a few good take away places, just not much in the way of decent indian restaurants.

hels
    Free Member

The Britannia Spice down in Leith has won “best curry in Scotland” which is probably not much of an award (although not as sad as my cousin winning Miss Teen Hutt Valley – the shame) any anyway Leith is bandit country so you don’t want to go there.

geoffj

Britannia Spice has the authentic colonial vibe going on – the rice is served in pith helmets!

onehundredthidiot

Kushi on Broughton street.

This one not the other ones

Only Edinburgh curry house recommended by FART (Farnborough Appreciators of Real Tandoori).

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Guru Balti. Not too far from Lothian Road.

Northwind

Mosque Kitchen is good, kind of chaotic and school canteen but the food is usualy excellent.

I have no idea what’s going on with Khushi’s just now, some sort of family feud? To quote my dad, “They’ve not always been perfect meals but then I’ve been going for 65 years” 😉

scotroutes

That

codybrennan
    Free Member

Bombay Bicycle Club= overpriced, average curries, IMHO.

andysbikeclinic
    Free Member

I’d suggest Ignite on Morrison Street (quite pricey mind you), or venture a little further away from Lothian Road and there’s The Indian Cavalry Club on Coates Crescent.

bigjim

Morningside Spice
    The Ghurka on Morningside Road (nepalese)
    Natural Spice in Bilston

none of these are in you area but where I like my curries from.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

The easiest to find on Lothian road (its kind of sign that I start with that – isn’t it?) is Ghandi’s (right on the corner with East Fountainbridge). As an aside no alcohol sold or allowed. Food’s fine, nice service.

Nearbly Kushi’s is better. Further – Ignite.

Also cavalry club but that’s my least favourite. And expensive.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Curry in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.