Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Current thoughts on disc cx wheels and forks?
  • paul4stones

Thinking about building up an Uncle John frame I have in the loft. Would like discs on it and wondered what is best from the current stuff available.

Is the Kinesis fork ok? Is the alloy one horribly harsh?
    What wheelsets do folks like? Happy to build my own if necessary.

Thanks

paul4stones

Nobody knows? Must be the wrong season, sorry.

iwluap

Got a set of Kineses CX disc wheels. Very good. Only used for comutting mind. The state of the roads they go over, is attrocious, and so far, they have remained as straight as an arrow.

D0NK

got the carbon kinesis fork, quite nice, about as comfy as the steel genesis one I had before (which I still have if you’re interested)
    Using hope hoops, not a great tread profile with certain tyres but seem fine with my current conti cx-kings, cheap-ish light-ish and tubeless-able.

paul4stones

Ah yes, Charlie’s wheels look good. Especially as they are suitable for a ‘gravel bike’ 🙂

I might be interested in those forks D0NK. Are they from a cdf or similar? How heavy, how much, etc? Email pmyers AT talktalk DOT net if you like.

Thanks

peteimpreza

I got a Kinesis DC37 fork to ugrade the front of my CX disc bike to disc.

Very happy with it, seems stiffer yet more comfortable than the one it replaced.

For a front wheel I chose a Mavic XC MTB 29er. Again very happy with the choice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Current thoughts on disc cx wheels and forks?’ is closed to new replies.