Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Current Shape Specialized Stumpjumper. Has anybody…
  • renton
    Free Member

Ha cool I thought it was, really regretted selling that now !!

any chance when you get 5 mins to post some side on shots with the new shock fitted as im quite interested in this !

Did you have to modify the shock at all or does the bit at the bottom just bolt straight on?

tomaso
    Free Member

Its a straight swap, it just fits in like for like with exactly the same hardware. Not sure if the differences with the shock and longer forks are perceptable to the eye when viewed side on, but will post a pic when I’ve cleaned it from Wednesday night’s ride!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is it just a normal shock that bolts onto the Y shaped piece or is it all one piece?

tomaso
    Free Member

Its a specific shock with no eye at the bottom like all the Stumpjumpers. the Y shaped bit does bolt on but this came with with the shock.

Because its a specific shock you can only buy Stumpjumper shocks and not one from another bike that is the same length and stroke. They do come up every now and then on here and fleabay.

I_Ache
    Free Member

This is what puts me off having another specialized. Why do they have to **** about with everything? Whats wrong with a normal mounting method or a normal length i2i?

I wonder if you could get a normal shock and have loco just swap over the stanchions?

tomaso
    Free Member

Don’t see why not, its only the lower mount on the piston thats different.

colin27
    Free Member

This is what puts me off having another specialized. Why do they have to **** about with everything? Whats wrong with a normal mounting method or a normal length i2i?

No lower shock eye bush, traditionally the first part of a full sus system to wear out. We are talking about Specialized, who have one of the best customer service departments of any bike brand anywhere. I would buy a spesh frame and shock for peace of mind.

The thing that puts me off a Spesh is the SRAM gears, bb30, questionable hubs, non-standard headset, etc! IMHO obviously.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Everything else can be upgraded to get rid of it and as a frame only option the BB30 is the only problem. Having said that I have never tried BB30 but I believe there is an adaptor available so normal BBs can be used.

I however am quite picky with what shock I would want to use so while I like the frame and fsr designs I want to be able to change shock easily if I so wish.

JCL
    Free Member

BB30 XO’s are perfect after a year on my bike. Don’t understand the negativity towards I on this forum. Stiffer BB spindle, BB frame area, better ISCG05 integration.

renton
    Free Member

How about an 09 enduro so then? You can put whatever shock you want on it and it will also run 160mm forks

I_Ache
    Free Member

Na I don’t like the look of them. Although the shock sizing is a big draw.

justinemms
    Free Member

Mines a 2013 stumpy evo carbon and running 34 160mm floats with 50mm stem slammed and Easton havoc carbon low riser. Ride it anywhere and everywhere. Totally rocks. Never got the whole talas thing to be honest.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Now that’s what I wanted to hear. Sounds almost how mine would be setup but.

I definitely think that a stumpy is a viable option. I’ve just got to keep my eyes open and see what I can see on eBay. I’m pretty sure it will be the year for a new frame in 2013.

renton
    Free Member

Done …………..

:mrgreen:

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Current Shape Specialized Stumpjumper. Has anybody…’ is closed to new replies.