Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Current peak district trail conditions???
  • saracendan

Heading up for the weekend and trying to plan some routes. Staying in Edale so conditions for Hayfield/Jacobs ladder loop and around Ladybower appreciated. Anywhere to avoid – i seem to recall seeing a mud bath around the Hagg Farm area (logging?). thanks.

MartynS

it’ll all be fine. Its raining now mind!

Winstone Lee Tor is the one I avoid after massive rains/in the winter. So I’ve not been up there this year yet..!

Hagg Farm is fine, you might be talking about somewhere else, unless they have logged in the last week or so.

Its all rocks up here anyway..

evh22
    Free Member

It’s great! Never worry about the trail conditions in the dark peak, they’re always fun. But they are brill at the moment and the puddles up at Hagg farm are drier now.

They did some drainage work on Winstone Lee Tor yesterday. They are trying to get people to use the main path. In one place they’ve put rocks in the way but weirdly they’ve also tried to block off other paths using turf and grass. It looks like there’s a soldier in cammo lying in wait to grab your wheel (or maybe one of those naughty brizzle chavs trying to steal your orange five…).

The drainage work looks like things will be a bit drier up there, shame in some ways, i always love losing my whole front wheel into a puddle….

hora
    Free Member

Condition drain very very very quickly as its mainly rock/stone isn’t it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Current peak district trail conditions???’ is closed to new replies.