Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Current issue of MBUK cover photo: gurn of the year?
  • poppa
    Free Member

That is all.

AndyP
    Free Member

Are you expecting people to have seen MBUK?

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Indeed im afraid this thread is worthless without pics

s8tannorm
    Free Member

It does indeed look like he is pulling his best 'cum' face!

mattythemod
    Free Member

Prolly not the most photogenic face for a cover shoot !

Not worth even buying for that shitty quality hat that looks like it will last as long as a secondhand condom !

wwaswas

My son quite likes the hat and it's lasted a week of going to school and back.

MBUK's fine – it's mostly the same writers as WhatMTb, they include coverage of most areas of off road cycling.

and it's got Mint Sauce.

Jamie
    Free Member

retro83
    Free Member

cullen-bay
    Free Member

is that it? lol

cullen-bay
    Free Member

sorry i cant seem to get that picture to look any bigger, youl have to zoom into your browser! 🙂

Dobbo

Bigger? Go on then…

brant
    Free Member
    FuzzyWuzzy

Doddy is a muppet for sure :p If I were a clothes manufacturer I'd pay MBUK for him not to be the one modelling them either…

bassspine
    Free Member

I think he's a fine looking young man

Konastoner
    Free Member

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

They do seem to put pictures of themselves on the cover far too often. I'm sure most people would prefer an action picture of someone actually doing it, rather than just writing about it.

mikey74
    Free Member

The cover photo actually put me off buying it.

With regard to the hat: If it's anything like the Saint one last year, then it will be fine. I personally wouldn't wear it because it says MBUK on it: Ok, it's the only biking mag I buy regularly, but I don't want it emblazoned on my clothing.

Dobbo

I've always liked Doddy.

dawson

I think the last time I bought MBUK was becuase you got the Saint hat – only to find that it was too small for my head – Doh!

bungalistic
    Free Member

Wasn't too impressed with their 'freeride' hardtail build ups this month, sure they were on a budget but they weren't exactly what I would call 'freeride' hardtails.

oldfart

LOL at Dobbo !!!
    Also MBUK and WMB is it just me or do the same tests and reviews crop up in both ?

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

oldfart – Member
    LOL at Dobbo !!!
    Also MBUK and WMB is it just me or do the same tests and reviews crop up in both ?

Yes, they also all crop up on BikeRadar too which isnt unexpected as Cycling Plus, MBUK, Pro Cycling and What Mountain Bike are all part of the same group

xc-steve
    Free Member

Although my favourite thing with that Doddy guy was reading an issue in the Barbers before (someone had left it I didn't give MBUK any money). They were talking about their best accidental found trails or something i.e. going the wrong way and finding some sweet single track! Anyway they ask doddy his and he says A-Line… ooh right yeah the worlds most famous downhill run you found by "Accident".

Coyote
    Free Member

Couldn't believe it. Steve Peat wins the World Championships after lord know how many tries and MBUK features a gurning gimp with his best "angry sex" face! Strewth. If you look really closely on the cover you can see Sir Steve's monumentous achievment mentioned. In very small writing. Oh, and there is a very brief article on the sports event of the year. How can we expect the big players in the media to cover mtbing properly if the so called 'dedicated' mags can't even be bothered.

atlaz
    Free Member

For some reason I assumed it was in the last issue or was it not MBUK with the rainbow crap around the mag?

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah they've already covered the WC win, this month looks just like a feature on how/what Peaty rode (not read my copy yet…)

Coyote
    Free Member

Nah, it was Dirt with the picture of the great man and the Rainbow Stripes.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Current issue of MBUK cover photo: gurn of the year?’ is closed to new replies.