Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Current Fork Deals – Recommendations for a Soul
  • letmetalktomark

After about 8 months of running my Reba’s on the front of my Soul at 115mm I feel its time for a change (it was always the plan).

Looking for a bit more travel that is adjustable. Possibly bolt through as I have 20mm adapters for my Pro II hub, Not hugely expensive 😉

Was thinking Air Pike (454 😕 ) but open to suggestions 🙂

Pic, link and recommendations very welcome 🙂

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Don’t see the point of air Pikes to be honest (unless buying s/h I guess!)

20mm Revs or the Sektor?

letmetalktomark

rockthreegozy – Member

Don’t see the point of air Pikes to be honest (unless buying s/h I guess!)

How come fella?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’m not even sure you can still buy the air pike (again unless second hand). I have a set of them myself though, freshly back from TF having had the push tuning. There’s a lot more meat in the chassis of the Pike so the air version sort of makes sense if you want the fork to be very stiff but still relatively light.

A Sektor would be a good choice I guess not least because it’s well priced.

A coil Pike would also be excellent but will add about 1lb in weight (although also a lot more performance).

Freeborn have the coil Pike 454 U-Turn for £385.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Revs are lighter, feel plusher and plenty stiff enough.

letmetalktomark

Cheers geetee1972 will have a look at Freeborn

And will also have a look at the Revs rockthreegozy.

With the forks that offer a range of travel like the U Turn Pikes etc are their any long term problems from running them part the way through their travel e.g. 120mm (80% of the time) on a 140mm travel fork?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Nope, designed to be ran wherever as far as I know!

The non u-turn can be adjusted easily by swapping spacers inside..

cr500dom
    Free Member

What are you doing with the Rebas ?
    What spec are they ?
    Need some for the other halfs bike you see 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

FWIW – the Soul is such a good bike that it almost deserves a longer travel, stiffer fork. You rarely see people running 140mm Coil Pikes on the Soul and I’m not saying they are wrong by any means, just that the Soul really can make use of the extra tavel and stiffness and far from being a mismatch, that combination works superbely well.

Northwind

110-140mm Revelations if you can find some at the right price… There’s no better choice IMO, but the cost might be an issue.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I recently got the Sektor RL air 150mm with 20mm maxle from CRC. It came with spacers to reduce it to 130mm. I can’t give you a full opinion yet as I’ve not ridden it enough or tuned it. But it’s light (1800) and seems very active.

Jamie
    Free Member

What sort of money you looking to spend OP?

richcc
    Free Member

You’re first sentence took the wind out of my sails as I was about to suggest Rebas – I’ve just put 100mm Rebas on my Soul and they’re fabulous. Had longer forks on it, Magura Phaons but Rebas have transformed it – not sure whether it’s just because they’re newer,better,stiffer or whether the shorter travel has made the steering nicer.

letmetalktomark

Jamie – Member

What sort of money you looking to spend OP?

TBC – It depends on the fork I guess 😕

Northwind – Member

110-140mm Revelations if you can find some at the right price…

Googling now ……

richcc – Member

You’re first sentence took the wind out of my sails as I was about to suggest Rebas – I’ve just put 100mm Rebas on my Soul and they’re fabulous. Had longer forks on it, Magura Phaons but Rebas have transformed it – not sure whether it’s just because they’re newer,better,stiffer or whether the shorter travel has made the steering nicer.

I started off with my Rebas at 100mm, then adjusted to 115mm.

I like 15mm ish of sag so would like to try something with longer travel to actually have a weighted rider position with about 120mm travel if that makes sense 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Current Fork Deals – Recommendations for a Soul’ is closed to new replies.