Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Current Easy Jet advice
  • Joe

Hi folks,

Going to be flying easyjet with my Orange 5 later this month.

I am trying to make sure I 100% understand the current rules, after being stung in the past.

Its my understanding that I need to pay for the standard baggage allowance, and the sporting goods surchange, which will allow me to carry a single piece of hold luggage up to 32kg.

Is this correct and should I watch for anything else?

bren2709

Baggage allowance

0 bags, 1 small sports item
    Total allowance 1 item @20kg total
    This item must be a genuine sports good as defined

0 bags, 1 large sports item
    Total allowance 1 item @32kg total
    This item must be a genuine sports equipment as defined

1 bag, 1 small sports item
    Total allowance 2 items @ 20kg each
    1 item must be genuine sports equipment as defined
    You may distribute weight between items as desired

1 bag, 1 large sports item
    Total allowance 2 items @ 52kg total
    1 item must be genuine sports equipment as defined
    You may distribute weight between items as desired

Bikes are classed as large sports equipment so the 1 bag and 1 large sports applies to you.
    Straight forward really 😉

Joe

That is easier than the advice i read on the CTC page. It must be outdated. Ok thanks.

bren2709

All the information you need is on the Easyjet website believe it or not!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

You pay for a sports bag which gives you 32kg. If you want a hold bag 20kg as well you can add that. Flown three times this year with easy jet

Greybeard
    Free Member

As it says, if you buy both you can distribute weight between the sports item and the bag, but it says somewhere else that no item can exceed 32kg. So 30kg bike bag + 22kg bag is OK, 34kg bike + 18kg bag is not.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Sport bag can’t exceed 32kg. Hold bag is limited to 20 kg. 22kg hold bag will get you excess baggage cost

coolhandluke
    Free Member

After Easyjey reduced their bike weight allowance a few months back, they returned it to the original 32kg allowance but made their terms far clearer as most folk and staff thought it was 32kg total including hold bag but trickling throu the T&C’s made it 32 for bike, 20 for hold bag.

Happy they’ve made their terms far clearer and can confirm my bag was 19kg and bike 31.9kg in Geneva last week.

No problems other than the “that’s a heavy bike” comment, my standard reply being “I’m a heavy chap”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Current Easy Jet advice’ is closed to new replies.