Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Current conditions at Cwmcarn?
  • Lakes_Puma

Anyone been in the last week or so?

I’m thinking of going this weekend, how are the XC trails as last I heard one of them was pretty cut up and very wet?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve never known twrch to get too bad. Dunno about the blue trail though.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cafall was very wet and sloppy when it was new, but that’s a good while ago now, that said it was designed to be more like a homebrew trail in parts than a completely trail centre feel so it does have loose bits, some mud (when in season) and roots and such.

Twrch was largely close for about a year, but it’s 90% open now and riding beautifully.

kimbers

There’s an Enduro on there this weekend so will be busy and probably some closures on Sunday

Trails should be OK I reckon

bombjack
    Free Member

<Stealth edit mode> As above, the Gravity Enduro train is in town Sunday, so Cafell will be closed off. Chances are the carpark will also be rammed. I’m heading to Afan or BPW instead.

Did the Cafall trail on Sunday and it was nice and dry

Lakes_Puma

Heading there on Saturday, will there be closures in place then?

Lakes_Puma

also if I’m going to do both trails (Tw and Caf) which order would you recommend and why?

taxi25
    Free Member

I’d do the Twrch first. The climb is more technical and for me at least, I need fresh legs to have any chance of clearing it.

kimbers

Cafall first, the final descent is better and you’ll enjoy it more if your less tired, the last bit of twrch is quite tame these days

bombjack
    Free Member

Heading there on Saturday, will there be closures in place then?

Shouldn’t be, they may be taping the route out though.

Lakes_Puma

Thanks for replies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Current conditions at Cwmcarn?’ is closed to new replies.