• This topic has 107 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ethan-spam.
Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Current best online dating sites
  • grum
    Free Member

Seems to be a popular photo – the number of approaches I get from 55+ ladies has increased a lot – I’m only 53 though

Jesus I look older than you and I’m 36. 🙁

Reading the stuff about the number (and content) of the messages that women get just makes the whole thing seem really depressing.

hammyuk
    Free Member

wiggles – Member
    My most successful picture on tinder doesn’t have my face in it…

No not that, my tattoo

same here – although might have my arse in it too 😳

DezB
    Free Member

I got hit on by bearnecessities (I think) last time my pic went up, so I’m not risking that again! Anyway, I’m out of the dating game!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

sometimes think I should search the pics of women looking for men and see how we come across.

There was a pretty interesting sociology paper done that showed the dating pool is massively skewed o Tider. The jist of the paper was – that basically fat chicks and the aethetically challenged on average only swipe/like men who are above average looking – whilst blokes swipe/like everything and anything.

bearnecessities

Woooah, what?!

crosshair
    Free Member

A funny thread 🙂

I met my wife of 6years 7 years ago on Muddymatches.com for country folk. But interestingly, also seemingly for lots of London sorts wanting to find something different than Londoners (or a nice farm to retire to or weekend at I guess) 😆

Basically the gist is, you give yourself a ‘muddy’ rating and can search based on that too. After 9years spent previously with a Towny, I set the bar high at 90% muddy and over 😀
    Anyway, the first Saturday on there, when I had barely sent out any messages (it’s easy to get carried away looking isn’t it!) MrsCH messaged me.

Her profile picture was rubbish, and I’d actually overlooked her profile when searching but the other pictures were lovely so I decided to apply my one rule of internet dating- no online small talk!

So one PM, 3 text messages and a brief phone call later, we had arranged to meet for Sunday lunch the following day.

She turned up wearing jeans, a Joules polo shirt and jumper, her wellies and still had her dog whistle around her neck from a training class she had just been to.

Literally love at first sight 😛

Anyway, I had brought my Labrador puppy as a cute wingman and she had her Cocker spaniel so we went for a nice walk after lunch. It was pretty cold and I had forgotten my coat so wore some mangled old Tweed with the pocket hanging off 😆

Pictures and profiles and witty text banter are great but meeting people is what it’s all about 🙂
    (Although Tinder hadn’t kicked off back then so I may have had a bad rash and a different story of online dating to tell 😆 )

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

After some exhasperating experiences initially I came across a ladies profile with the below picture, seemed to sum up the exhasperation.

So I tracked down the photographer Patrick Joust, in the states, and asked if he could do a print and if he had a less noisy version.

He didn’t and sent me the original to print out to see if it was acceptable at the size I wanted (16inch x 16 I think), and if so to buy it.

In the end I spent 5 hours cloning the noise out, bought a print from photobox, paid him the rate he wanted for an actual print, and sent him the edited file back, so he did yuite well out of that.

So if anyone wants a print then he has a clean image now…

ulysse
    Free Member

Aceness! But id rather the noise is part of the statement?

DezB
    Free Member

Woooah, what?!

😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Aceness! But id rather the noise is part of the statement?

it add a certain something, but it is because he was trying out some cheap chinese film apparently. Anyway it would have been annoying at that size.

wiggles
    Free Member

But…. Did you get any hot chicks round to look at your fancy picture?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

ut…. Did you get any hot chicks round to look at your fancy picture?

trouble with bringing any women back to my house is my two british short hair cats, they would soon distract from any romantic moves I might have been making 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

I made you this so you can put it on Facebook

globalti
    Free Member

Interesting thread. In the days before everybody had computers and smart phones I joined a dating service that used tick-boxes to match people up. They sent me a few and I met up with a few but nothing gelled. As I worked my way down their client list the women became more and more ill-matched to me until I ended up binning it.

I met Mrs Gti when she placed a personal ad in The Times (no less) mentioning snow, sea and mountains. That seemed to work out OK and we are still together after 20 years despite the insults she has heaped upon me over the years, which I now ignore, so she accuses me of not listening….

A cycling pal of mine met a triathlete through Fitness Singles and she turned out to be stark staring bonkers. If anything happened to Mrs Gti I would definitely ride lots of sportiffs because you do seem to meet loads of fit, unattached women who are quite interested in chatting as you ride along. If you settled down with a sportiff rider at least you wouldn’t be short-changed in the outdoor exercise area. And fit women do look especially cute in cycling gear, I’ve noticed.

footflaps

So I tracked down the photographer Patrick Joust, in the states, and asked if he could do a print and if he had a less noisy version.

Awesome photo!

wiggles
    Free Member

There was a pretty interesting sociology paper done that showed the dating pool is massively skewed o Tider. The jist of the paper was – that basically fat chicks and the aethetically challenged on average only swipe/like men who are above average looking – whilst blokes swipe/like everything and anything

Damn I thought that was my secret technique…

Meeting a (hopefully) nice lady for coffee this afternoon… First date in 9+ years 😯

DezB
    Free Member

Good luck wiggles, hope she’s not a nutter!

wiggles
    Free Member

My plans have been foiled, my kid just spewed just before he was supposed to for to nursery so will have to rearrange…

DezB
    Free Member

You. bottled. it. 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

You realise that is the classic excuse they all use?

Joe

Ashley Madison FTW.

wiggles
    Free Member

You realise that is the classic excuse they all use?

I can send him round to provide some evidence if you want? 😉

I’ll collect him when he’s finished 😆

fenred
    Free Member

Thread res’ for bookmark…Deep joy! 🙄

mboy
    Free Member

So anybody having any luck?

Must say after one nutcase who kept messaging expecting immediate responses (even at 5am!), one girl who I really liked and was giving me all the signs she really liked me (but then went cold for no reason at all), I have found someone that I really quite like and we seem to gel very well. 5 dates down, 6th date tomorrow night, and really looking forward to it!

Only fly in the ointment is that she already has kids, which I don’t, and I don’t know how to feel about it or how to tackle it. I guess the time will come when it needs addressing, but for the moment, we seem to be having a lot of fun! 🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

Haha just seen this thread, and a above mention of ‘muddy matches’…?or mucky matches as we called it….I played at a ‘muddy matches’ ball once, strange gig! That was whilst I was still married and 4 years away from discovering Tinder having only ever been with 2 girls from when I was 16-28. The term ‘kid in a sweet shop’ springs to mind 😳

jambourgie
    Free Member

Can’t believe no one’s mentioned Bumble yet. Bumble is awesome. It’s like Tinder, but men aren’t allowed to message first. The Woman must make the first move. It’s the lazy gents dream. Simply upload your devilish countenance to the app and watch the flaps roll in.

I’ve been single again (commitment/Christmas issues) since Christmas. Never tried online dating before, but somebody recommended I give it a go…

Well, I tell you – the old fella’s been ground down to a rusty nub!

Mr B, Essex.

drlex
    Free Member

^ See page 1, although the reference isn’t quite as informative as yours.

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Current best online dating sites’ is closed to new replies.