Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cunning solutions to return empty car hire when only doing limited mileage?
  • bubs

Is taking a siphon my best option?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Full to full is your best option.

bubs

Unfortunately full to full is not an option in Jersey (even where it is elsewhere).

dmorts

Isn’t petrol dirt cheap in Jersey?

Edit: Googled it, it’s cheaper but not as cheap as I remember…

CheesybeanZ

Modern cars have an anti siphon thingy fitted .

bubs

Damn it. 👿

transporter13
    Free Member

Just unplug the hose from the end of the injector rail and aim it into a jerry can whilst getting a mate to keep turning the key….doesnt take long but isnt much good for the battery…not that would bother you im sure 😉

oldnpastit

Suck it up.

coconut
    Free Member

When filling up keep the ignition key turned on and you will see the fuel dial move, just stop pump, check dial and top up to required amount.

nickjb
    Free Member

Up on blocks. Brick on the accelerator. What could go wrong!

spooky_b329

Some fuel gauges get confused if you try to fill up with ignition on. (Or, at least they do if you fill up, or pump from a secondary tank, whilst the engine is running)

I once partially emptied a brimmed petrol tank (the connecter in the lift pump was overheating and the petrol was leaking out alongside the electrical pins when driven) by running a tube from the lift pump to the jerry can and repeatedly turning on the ignition to make the pump prime the fuel system.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Unfortunately full to full is not an option in Jersey

How odd. Dunno then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cunning solutions to return empty car hire when only doing limited mileage?’ is closed to new replies.