Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cumulative tiredness?
  • FOG

Last week I got back from six days continuous riding in France. I did a much greater distance and climbed more metres than I would at home, usually only get out twice a week. So a week since I got back and I still feel knackered. I expected it for a few days but a whole week? What can I do extra to the usual stuff to aid recovery? Yes I am getting old but this is the first time I have felt so tired for so long after a big trip.
    Any advice appreciated as I have some big trips booked for next year.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m just back from 4 days (+ 2 in the back of a campervan) in France and was late for work this morning, i’m 36 for what it’s worth 😀

jimdubleyou

Have a nap. You’ll feel better for it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whitestone
    Free Member

Eat properly and get some kip.

molgrips
    Free Member

Eat.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

DOMS after something extreme compared to what you normally do is a killer!

A few weekends ago, I was conned into ~60 mile group ride (my longest ride ever was ~64 mile in August) that turned into ~85… I did nothing but direct commutes until ~5 days later and even then my legs still felt very heavy.

prawny

Sleep + good quality food.

I ride 40 miles a day to work and by the end of the week I am knackered. My monday I’m okish. After 6 weeks or so of 5 day weeks I’m hanging and need a rest. If I have a week off the bike I start feeling rested by about thursday.

That said, I can’t remember the last time I’ve had a week off the bike without being ill too, got a week coming up next month, I cannot wait.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cumulative tiredness?’ is closed to new replies.