Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cube Stereo HPC 140 – anyone tried one?
  • slowboydickie

The geometry looks weird with a v short top tube. Proof is in the riding but tracking down an XL could be like finding hen’s teeth. Anyone ridden an XL or indeed any size?

Cheers
    Rich

boxelder

I’m test riding one on saturday in a 22″ (XL).
    I’ll let you know – and They are available in that size.

timbo678
    Free Member

I ride an HPC 160 in 22″, took 3 weeks to arrive as they had all sold out in the UK, but without doubt well worth the wait.

Had it a month and have yet to fault it, I am 6’4 and the sizing feels good. It isn’t a long top tube but I don’t notice this to be a problem, I suppose on some long grindy climbs it could do with being 1/2 inch longer but I don’t really use the Talas which would tilt me forward a bit and remove that issue. I also have the seatpost a bit lower that I should (no dropper yet), which would help.

Overall the bike is amazing, have totally taken to 650b and wouldn’t hesitate at 29er, it doesn’t feel like a 160mm bike with the relatively lightweight. Only change will be a dropper and possibly wider bars but I am not sure on that, 750mm is fine really.

I also went tubeless, just added rim tape and sealant.

The 140mm will be great as well I am sure but am glad I went for the 160mm.

Robespierre
    Free Member

18 inch Stereo race 140. The fork is not quite what you’d expect at this price (not particularly plush) but otherwise its really good. It winches up the rocky climbs brilliantly and just eats the terrain on the flats and downhills. Don’t notice the short 23inch toptube length at all. Oh, and its a looker as well.

transmission
    Free Member

@Robespierre How tall are you? The review in the latest issue got me a bit worried the seat is going to be too high.

Any photos?

higgo
    Free Member

I tested one at Cannock a couple of weeks ago after a TallBoy LT, Whyte 129s and Scott Spark. The Cube looked and felt odd – the ‘short’ thing – but was the most fun to ride.

That was fine for a 3.5mile test loop but I’m not sure I could live with it.

jimcollins67
    Free Member

18 inch Stereo SL 140 here…. I’m 5′ 10″ and i have the reverb post at its lowest… As Robespierre says,, great bike on the ups, and equally amazing on the downs…
    by far the best bike i have owned,, and i’ve had a few…. Last bike was a cube ams 120 race 29er, and the stereo blows that away….

Jim

Robespierre
    Free Member

transmission-I’m 6ft. My version doesn’t have a reverb and the post has been cut down so that it will drop enough in the frame. Not sure what the worry is about seat height. The figures look short for the top tube, but they don’t get much longer as the frame sizes go up. I reckon the 18 is ok up to 6ft.

transmission
    Free Member

Robespierre
    Free Member

I see what you are getting at. I suppose its possible that if its the longer of the reverbs than it might not fit that far down into the frame. Think mine came with a 400mm non-dropper post as standard, and it was only cut down so that it could be dropped a bit on the trail. Height would not have been a problem even with the full length post. I guess that if you are less than 5’10” it might be a problem.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I have been looking at these any updates?

I have been told I may not be able to get one? Anyone know of any stock?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo HPC 140 – anyone tried one?’ is closed to new replies.