Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cube Stereo 27.5 140 tm vs 160 R
  • graearea
    Free Member

I tried the 160 Race at the ever-awesome Nirvana in Dorking and it was pretty great but just slightly too big for me (I was most comfortable with the seatpost nearly totally extended, I’ve got 28″ legs…). I’d probably prefer the 140 tm as it’s a little better specced and lower and longer (in a large) than the 160. but I’m buggered if I can find anyone near london that has any form of 27.5 140 in.
    I’d probably be fine ordering off the spec sheet if I knew the dropper will go all the way into the frame, but I can’t risk buying a 3k bike and then it being not quite what I want. anyone got a large 140? I tried a kona process 153 in large and that was great. massive standover and nice and long. anyone any ideas?

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

forgive my ignorance and lack of knowledge on this subject but my inside leg is 30″ and i am 5’8″ and find small or medium frames the best fit. suppose we are all different shapes though

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Also 5′ 8″ 30 inch leg leg. Mediums fit fine. Droppers do go all the way down. I’m not expecting to touch the ground whilst sat in the saddle unless I drop the dropper all the way down but then I’d be going down very steep descents and certainly not sat on the saddle. Don’t think a large would suit me

graearea
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ and 28″ leg so I’ve got quite short legs for my body. so if I sit on a short, it’s too small in reach, if I sit on most mediums, it’s the same. I sat on the kona and I’m feet flat on floor or perfect position with the post up. on the 160 the medium’s seat tube is just slightly too long. according to cube’s geometry page, the large 140 has a shorter seat tube than the medium 160 (and is a little longer). this would make it perfect, as long as the dropper can go all the way in. is there anyone in this country that has a large 140??

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I sat on the kona and I’m feet flat on floor or perfect position with the post up

you want a geometry that you can sit on the saddle and still touch the floor? If it’s reach problem I’d just get a shorter stem, I’m using 50mm? None of my bikes allow me to sit in the saddle and touch the floor with an extended set post. Imho if the bike fits correctly you shouldn’t be able to sit on a fully extended dropper and reach the floor. I can only touch the floor with it just about fully retracted. There are long and short droppers too. I measure my ideal position as 28 inches from the seat to centre of crank as my starting point, test and adjust. That’s the important measurement. Dropper then gives plus or minus. No way will I touch the deck. Your measurement (inside leg) from seat to centre BB should be similar.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I’d also suggest that Kona is more a gravity bike, 160 an enduro and TM is a trail bike, without wanting to pidegeon hole them. The biggest difference is the weight. The TM will fly up while the Kona will be slower on the ups. Kona will be a blast downhill whilst 160 would handle it pretty well.

graearea
    Free Member

Thanks, I get all that. I’m mainly wondering if anyone has a large stereo 140 and can confirm that the seatpost will go all the way in and all the way down. or if anyone knows of anywhere that actually has a 140 in stock.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ and 28″ leg so I’ve got quite short legs for my body. so if I sit on a short, it’s too small in reach, if I sit on most mediums, it’s the same. I sat on the kona and I’m feet flat on floor or perfect position with the post up. on the 160 the medium’s seat tube is just slightly too long. according to cube’s geometry page, the large 140 has a shorter seat tube than the medium 160 (and is a little longer). this would make it perfect, as long as the dropper can go all the way in. is there anyone in this country that has a large 140??

Have a look at the new Transitions, they are very very long in relation to the seat tube lengths. I think the 150mm travel 16.5 inch frame comes with something ridiculous like a 430mm reach.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo 27.5 140 tm vs 160 R’ is closed to new replies.