Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cube Stereo 150….
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Just seen it, and it is looking very, very tempting.

That said – on “an alternative” mountain bike website it states that it can’t take a 29″ wheel due to the geometry. Can this really be true? I thought the outside diameter of a 27.5+ tyre was the same as a 29″ tyre… so surely it should work?

Am I missing something – if it isn’t 29er compatible then it would probably send me back to the Trek Fuel EX (or just get a 29er native bike that can take chunky rubber, which may be more sensible anyway!)

wiggles
    Free Member

Most 29er wheels end up being a bit bigger in diameter than a 650+ set up, so I guess you could end up with tyre to seatube contact or something?

Maybe they just haven’t tried it so say you can’t just to cover themselves

scotroutes

Nope. There’s obviously a bit of variation with tyre sizes/profiles but you can expect a 29er tyre to be 10-20mm wider in diameter.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    reggiegasket
    Free Member

this suggest 650b+ is about the same as 29…

Complete guide to wheelsizes: 26in, 650b, 650b+, 29in, 29in+

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Ah well – perhaps I will ask a friendly shop to slot a 29er wheel & tyre into one and see what happens 😉 If not, back to plans A – C!

It just looked a good way to do things a bit cheaper whilst getting what I was looking for 😉

br
    Free Member

I thought the outside diameter of a 27.5+ tyre was the same as a 29″ tyre… so surely it should work?

Seems not as I recently read a review for a bike that took both and they mentioned that when it had 29’s on that the BB was too high.

b45her
    Free Member

is there any one who can update this thread with actually trying a 29er wheel in a 150 stereo?
    kind of fancying one myself with wheel swapping in mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo 150….’ is closed to new replies.