Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cube Stereo 120 – yay or nay?
  • JamesD
    Free Member

Any real world experiences out there please? Being considered as a general trail bike plus Peaks and similar rides.

Ta.

splorer

Would also be interested in any opinions.

danbo
    Free Member

Great bikes, both in 29 and 650b. Really good value for money for a bike you can get from an LBS.

Mate has a 650b 120 which i have ridden, good fun well set up bike, around 2k for a Carbon bike with full XT and more than enough to tackle all of the ‘gnarly’ bits of the Surrey hills, albeit not quite as quickly as you can do it on an enduro bike. Much faster uphill though!

I rate them.

The 140 and 160 versions are also very good, just depends what travel you need.

rOcKeTdOg

If you fit a 19″ i know where there’s one brand new for £1249

rOcKeTdOg

If you fit a 19″ i know where there’s one brand new for £999

joebristol

A mate has a 650b Cube Stereo 120 that I’ve had a quick go on a few times. Feels rapid uphill and the suspension can be fully locked out with levers on fork / shock and seems good in long rides.

Personally I’m not a fan – suspension didn’t feel very supple. Although my mate might have it pumped up too hard – he’s lighter than me and I’d still be running it softer than he does.

To compare I’m on a Boardman Pro Fs which is a 130mm travel bike and at BPW it felt so much better than the Cube.

Guess it depends what you’re after – something that excels on the ups and gets down ok, or something that goes uphill ok but is more fun on the downs.

leffeboy

Got the 140 in carbon so not exactly the same but fyi: The carbon feels much nippier than the alu version (I tried them side by side before buying). It feels really quite quick but I get more tired than I did on my hardtail on the same routes. They feel a little shorter than other bikes but ive got to quite like it. Suspension feels perfect to me, nicely balanced and just supple enough. Really rather enjoyable to ride and I love going out on it but im more of a mincer than hardcoregnarrdude.

dougieb
    Free Member

I’ve got the carbon 140 650b stereo and I really like it. It climbs well and is a lot of fun coming back down. They are quite short in the top tube / reach compared to other trail bikes. I’m surprised Cube didn’t address this with the 2017 frames as I reckon it will put a lot of people off. I’m more than happy with mine though, probably the best bike I have owned and great value for money.

athy62
    Free Member

I have had a 120 carbon for over 2 years now in a medium. Find the reach a bit short but a large was too high for my short legs. Wish the head angle was a little steeper and I wish now that I had bought the 140. But it is super light, rides fast and climbs well.

JamesD
    Free Member

Really useful feedback, thanks guys.

I’m looming at the largest France size which they day is 23″ (!!!) but seat tube actually about 21″. TT on that seems pretty long.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo 120 – yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.