Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cube Stereo sizing?
  • rossburton
    Free Member

Does anyone with a recent Cube Stereo have any comments on their sizing? A friend is 6’3″ (188cm) and according to Cube’s sizing guide that means a 20″ frame, but looking at the geometry seems like it would fit me (180cm) fine so my friend would be a 22″.

Should we trust the Cube sizing, or are they known to be quite short for the size?

leffeboy

They are known to be short in the top tube for the size but I think that’s the way they want them to be ridden rather than them having their numbers wrong. Most reviews seem to say it feels short and mine certainly did compared to a stretched out XC bike, but now I’m used to it it feels ‘normal’

ymmv though of course but they do feel short so you would want to try one first

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

Just bought a Stereo 140 in 20″. I think the 20″ is a large and it does feel big compared to other “large” size bikes i have ridden.

Im 6″1 and have the seat post extended quite close to the max. so im guessing your 6″3 friend would be on the limit on a 20″ frame.

Hope this helps.

andy4d

I am 6 foot, 33 inch inside leg and on an 18″. My nuts hit the top tube on standover on the 20″, but it did ride fine. Not much help to you I am afraid.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Any ideas for 5ft 10 me? 18 inch? Currently have a Large Giant Stance but can also fit on a medium.

flaps
    Free Member

I’ve a 2016 140, I’m a little over 5ft 9 with a 29” inside leg. I’ve got the 18” Stereo, my mate’s over 6ft and has the 20”. I could happily ride both reach wise (not much difference in size) but the stand over seems better on mine as you would expect. On mine I put the seat slightly back, 3/5ths of the way and it fits fine.
    I’ve actually changed my ‘stand over’ position since getting it, I used to go over the top tube with the seat behind me but now I’ve a dropper I just lower that and go flat footed on the floor.
    Great value for money bike especially if you get last year’s model (same spec, just different colour).

paulwf

I am 5’10 with 31″ and I have the 18″. The 20″ felt too long for me

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Great I’ll try one. Looking at the Stereo 120 to replace my Giant Stance. Gonna wait till the 2018 models arrive and try pick up a bargain 2017 model.

hammerite
    Free Member

Jnr is 6′ 3 and has a Stereo 160. Not sure on frame size I’ll check in the garage. I know it looks pretty big!

athy62
    Free Member

I ride a Stereo 120 18″. I am 5’10”. I tried the 20″ but found the standover too high. The 18″ is shortish but you get used too it although there are times, say blasting along flat track, I wish it were 20mm longer (and NO, I am not fitting a longer stem, it’s already 70mm)

wiggles
    Free Member

22″ for sure, lots of people 5’10” plus ride 20″s. Even a decent EWS racer I know who is about 5’6″ rode an 18″.

Anyone over 6′ ish would be better on a 22″

hammerite
    Free Member

Just checked, Jnr has a 20″ frame. It’s fine for him. He has grown a fair whack in the year he’s had it though. We’d probably have gone for the 22″ if we were buying one now.

ade9933
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 and I have the 20. My bud is the same height and prefers the 18… horses for courses?

I think these were the 2015 versions.

Good luck.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo sizing?’ is closed to new replies.