Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cube or Trek Superfly
  • geologist
    Free Member

Hi, I’m getting a new bike on the bike to work scheme, going XC so trying to decide between a Cube reaction GTC or the alloy version vs Trek Superfly 5 . Anyone have any experience of these? Cheers

geologist
    Free Member

Bump

13thfloormonk

Did the same recently although got lucky and somehow managed the Superfly 6 (shopped cocked up and made good by giving me a better model).

Anyway, absolutely loved it offroad, defied all the stereotypes I’d read about 29ers, in as much as it cornered so rapidly and I could pick the front up effortlessly. In fact I even had a ridiculous crash where I went to manual through a puddle and looped out off the back… 😳

I had thought that Trek were sort of at the forefront of XC racer 29er geometry although I’ve since been advised they’re actually years behind, although I think that person thought all bikes should mimic Enduro sleds or something…

Can’t comment on the Cube, but doubt you’d regret the Superfly.

footnote: I was having too much fun on some woodsy singletrack and smashed into a tree, damaging a bunch of tendons in my wrist. The Superfly has since made a very good super-commuter…

sillyoldman

Trek 29er geometry is much nicer than Cube IMHO. Cube short, tall, and steep.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cube or Trek Superfly’ is closed to new replies.