Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cube Nutrail Race
  • mcnultycop

I want a fattie. I’m not going to do any bike-packing or similar, so it’ll be local moors riding, the odd trail centre and hopefully more time natural in The Lakes.

I don’t want to buy something and spend time swapping out bits as I’ve just bought a new house so my requirements are:
    Bigger tyres (i.e. 4.8 rather than 4.0, based on fatties I’ve tried if I’m doing fat, I want full fat).
    Dropper
    Bluto
    Proper crawler gear
    Hydraulic (not cable) discs

The Cube seems to tick all these off. However I’d prefer not to spend £2k on it, if I could get away with spending a bit less I’d be happier.

Any STW suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

cr4sh
    Free Member

Dd30 with a tyre swap?

mcnultycop

Didn’t look like it has dropper or Bluto!

Cheezpleez

On-One Fatty and compromise on rear tyre clearance?
    Canyon Dude – but it’ll cost you more not less.

rocketman
    Free Member

Scott Big Ed maybe? £2k though

Spesh Fatboy of some sort again not cheap

Trek Farley

Cdale Fat CAAD although it seems like a lot of money for a narrow Q factor and a Leftie

Mondraker Panzer

Have had a quick spin on the Everyday Value Nutrail it was great felt just like a normal trail bike

4.8s are great but 4.0s are good as well. A bit more pressure sensitive but lighter and less bob and a definite step towards ‘conventional’ trail bike feel

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On-One Fatty Trail and compromise on rear tyre clearance?

(if you want a bluto as standard)

I’m not convinced by >4″ unless you ride on soft sand and powder snow, a lot. If you do then carry on, but then why bother with a bluto? The yanks who started the whole fat thing seem to have gone full circle and settled on relatively narrow rims and 3.8-4.0″ tyres for trail use.

Also remember a bluto may/may not fit a 4.8″ tyre. A new one fits with a tube, but they stretch quite a bit with time/tubeless.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Configure a Rose Tusker?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cube Nutrail Race’ is closed to new replies.