Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cube LTD Race 29er?
  • jonostevens
    Free Member

Hi all,

Anyone had any experience of a Cube LTD Race 29er?

I fancy doing a few more XC events / races next year so was looking at getting myself a 29er. Nothing fancy, £1k tops, so initially had my eye on a Cannondale Trail via the Bike to Work Scheme.

However I do enjoy the process of building a bike up from scratch and stumbled across a LTD Race frame on bike-discount.de for less than 100 euros. The whole bike seems to retail for a grand, so this sounds ridiculously cheap to me?

Am I missing something? Is it just the euro?

Ta very much.

dobo
    Free Member

I picked up a cube frame last year from the same place. Black and green one. Its a decent frame for the money. Think postage was extra and was fast delivery and packaged well.
    Only thing i would say is that they are not all that light. Think the seat tube had a funny size seat post, no problem to shim though.
    Fairly stiff ride.
    Ive heard people say some cube geometry is a bit odd but honestly i cant detect any issue at all, but i do use mine with rigid forks. i would not change it, seems comparable to any race frame ive had apart from weight.

devash
    Free Member

I was going to buy one a couple of years ago so demoed one for a few hours. I’m 6ft exactly and took a 19″ frame out which surprisingly felt rather compact, even with the silly length 120mm stock stem. If I bought one for racing I’d have perhaps wanted a longer cockpit.

It had QR forks and QR rear dropouts but still felt plenty stiff. As above though, even with Rebas and a full XT groupset, it wasn’t particularly ‘race light’. I quite enjoyed the ride to be honest though. For less than €100 you can’t go wrong really.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cube LTD Race 29er?’ is closed to new replies.